HM300 Policies & Guidelines
Revised September 2021
NOTE: HM300 room is not an ADA accessible room, as the lower level can be accessed by stairs only. If you require an ADA accessible space for your event, please look for alternate options in 25Live or contact the Disability Resource Center for assistance.
- An RSO requesting use of HM300 must:
- be in good standing with the Office of Student Involvement;
- place the request through one of the RSO’s two Authorized Representatives; and
- use the room to conduct official business of that organization.
Requests made by RSOs that are not in good standing, by RSO members who are not Authorized Representatives, or for unofficial or personal purposes will be denied. (Intentional misrepresentation on a scheduling request may result in loss of reservation privileges for an individual and/or an RSO.)
- Please check the calendar in 25Live for room availability before submitting a request.
- To schedule an event in HM300, please use 25Live. (Instructions are here.) When doing so:
- You must allow a minimum of 15 minutes between events for cleanup/preparation.
- Please indicate if you will be rearranging furniture or having additional furniture (chairs, tables, coat racks, etc.) delivered by Physical Plant. If so, please schedule adequate time for setup and removal.
- Please indicate if you will serve refreshments. If so, please schedule adequate time for setup and cleanup. (See the “Room-Use Guidelines and Responsibilities” section below.)
- Other information is also helpful: Will your event be catered? Will audiovisual equipment be provided by ITS Classroom Support or another UofL unit? Is this event public or private?
- Please check the calendar 24–48 hours after submittal to verify all event details.
- If you need to reschedule, correct, or update an event reservation, please email the changes to Joshua Boydstun (email@example.com).
- If you no longer need to use HM300, please contact Joshua Boydstun (HM303; 852-0460; firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP so that other organizations will have the option of reserving the room at that time.
- The Department of Comparative Humanities does not supply:
- dry-erase markers or erasers;
- audiovisual equipment;
- extension cords or computer adapters; or
- other presentation/meeting supplies (e.g., chalk, flip charts).
Room Access and Key Borrowing
- HM300 is locked when not in active use. Obtaining the HM300 key is the responsibility of the reservation requestor.
- The Department of Comparative Humanities cannot provide after-hours access to groups that do not obtain the HM300 key during normal business hours.
- Only an Authorized Representative can borrow the HM300 key on behalf of an RSO.
- For recurring events, you must borrow and return the HM300 key for each separate occurrence.
- In the case of a lost or damaged key, a replacement fee of $25.00 will be charged to the responsible department, organization, or sponsoring unit.*
Access to HM300 during Normal Business Hours (M–F 8:30 am–4:30 pm)
- If you belong to a department located in Bingham Humanities, please check with your department’s liaison for the HM300 key when you are ready to set up for your event.
- If you belong to a department located outside of Bingham Humanities or if you are the Authorized Representative of an RSO, please borrow the key from the Department of Comparative Humanities Office (HM303).
Access to HM300 outside of Normal Business Hours (Evenings, Nights, and Weekends)
- Please ensure that you obtain the HM300 key as early as possible and no later than end of business on the day of your event (or on the preceding workday, in the case of a weekend event). You can obtain the key either from your department’s liaison or from the Department of Comparative Humanities Office (HM303), which typically closes at 4:30 pm.
- If you will be unable to pick up the HM300 key during normal business hours, please contact Joshua Boydstun (HM303; 852-0460; email@example.com) prior to close of business.
- If the department office is closed during normal business hours, please contact Meg Kennedy (HM213A; 852-3887; firstname.lastname@example.org).
Room-Use Guidelines and Responsibilities
- HM300 will be clean when you arrive. You must clean up after your event. If it is necessary for Department of Comparative Humanities staff or UofL custodial staff to clean up after you, a fee of $25.00 will be charged to the responsible department, organization, or sponsoring unit.*
- Note: In the event that the room is dirty, messy, or damaged when you arrive, please document the state of the room with photo/video and notify Joshua Boydstun (HM 303; 852-0460; email@example.com) ASAP!
- Cleanup must include:
- Trash and Recycling: Set all trash and recycling containers outside the room, and break down any large cardboard boxes. Carry any additional garbage bags to the first floor dumpster.
- Catering: Please have catering pick up their equipment and utensils immediately after your event ends. It is your responsibility to notify your caterer.
- Tables and Chairs: Please wipe off the tables and return the tables and chairs to their customary positions.
- Walls: Please erase the whiteboard and remove any posters or decorations.
- Floor: Please pick up any trash or debris. (You are not required to sweep or vacuum.)
- Blinds: Please close the blinds.
- Kitchenette: If you use the kitchenette, please clear the sink drain of any food debris and please wipe and dry off the counter. If you brought in any dishes or utensils, please be sure to take them with you when you leave.
- Larger Messes: If there is a spill or the carpet is soiled, please contact Custodial Services (852-6241) for cleanup and notify Department of Comparative Humanities staff (852-0460).
- Lights: Please turn off all the lights (including in the kitchenette).
- Doors: Please shut the doors (including those to the balcony) and ensure that they are locked.
* Penalties for Damage or Misuse
- In the event of a lost or damaged key, damage to the room or its contents, or messes requiring staff or custodial action, a fee of $25.00 will be charged to the responsible department, organization, or sponsoring unit.
- Additionally, the cost of damage and/or chargeable custodial services will be billed to the responsible department, organization, or sponsoring unit.
- In the event of charges or costs associated with the replacement or repair of broken equipment, fixtures, or furniture, a written notice will be provided to the responsible department, organization, or sponsoring unit.
- The Chair of the Department of Comparative Humanities may withhold future use of the room from any individual or group that refuses to abide by these collegial guidelines.