Students who wish to pursue an accelerated Masters degree, will be allowed to apply to the Baccalaureate degree up to 9 hours of coursework taken for graduate credit. Twenty-one (21) hours of graduate coursework in addition will constitute the minimum number of credit hours for obtaining the MA. The guidelines for the Accelerated (BA/MA in Humanities) are as follows:
- Students must apply no later than the end of the junior year for admission to the accelerated program.
- A minimum overall grade point average and major grade point average of 3.35 will be required for admission to and for retention in the program.
- Student must fill out the Department of Comparative Humanities application for the accelerated BA/MA in Humanities.
- Student may take a maximum of 9 hours for graduate credit, which will also apply to the requirements for the baccalaureate degree in Humanities.
- The accelerated BA/MA in Humanities will be offered for the Traditional Concentration and for the Linguistics Concentration, but not for the Concentration in Humanities and Civic Leadership.
- Students who enroll in the accelerated BA/MA in Humanities may elect the thesis or non-thesis option, which ever is appropriate to the concentration and course of study.
- All students in the program will take either HUM 609 or HUM 610 to fulfill the "theory requirement".
- All requirements remain the same, including the foreign language requirement.