View a list of institutions and organizations
At the beginning of the semester
- Consult with the Director of Undergraduate Studies about possibilities and review potential agencies or courses.
- Meet with the Onsite Supervisor from the chosen agency, institution, or the university who will be working with you on the internship. Write up a short (one paragraph) Statement of Intent wherein you list the agreed upon objectives of your internship.
- Complete the following forms:
a. Work Agreement and Memorandum of Understanding
b. Student Internship Agreement
c. Participation and Release Form
- Make three copies of the forms and your Statement of Intent and give one set of copies to the Onsite Supervisor, one set to the Director of Undergraduate Studies, and keep one set for your records. This needs to be done BEFORE registering for the course.
- Meet at least once mid-semester with the Director of Undergraduate Studies to discuss progress in the internship. Discussion will be based on weekly entries you will have been making in an Internship Journal as part of the internship requirement (see the Student Internship Agreement Form for details).
At the end of the semester and conclusion of the internship
(1) Complete the End of Internship Self-Evaluation Form and (2) submit it, along with your completed Internship Journal to the Director of Undergraduate Studies. This needs to be done BEFORE the last day of classes for the assignment of a grade.
Note: At this time the Onsite Supervisor will assess your performance and complete the End of Internship Supervisor's Evaluation Form. This will be submitted directly to the Director of Undergraduate Studies by the Onsite Supervisor via email attachment or hard copy.
- A final grade for the internship will be assigned by the Director of Undergraduate Studies on the basis of the materials submitted by the intern and the evaluation of the Onsite Supervisor.