Flexible Spending Accounts
REMINDER: As of January 1, 2022, the administrator of our Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) changed to Optum. Employees can submit manual claims for reimbursement to Discovery Benefits/WEX for FSA expenses incurred in 2021 during the run-out period between January 1 and April 15, 2022. At the end of the 2021 run-out period, any unspent FSA balances from 2021 will be transferred from Discovery rolled over to Optum. For questions regarding your account, you must contact Wex/Discovery Benefits at 1-866-451-3399 because they are managing this program. HR does not have access to this data.
- As of January 1, 2022, your Health Equity card was deactivated and you must use your new Optum debit card for your HRA/FSA account for expenses incurred on or after January 1, 2022. For questions related to your 2022 FSA or HRA claims, visit the Optum website or contact Optum at 866-860-7260.
- UofL now uses the rollover provision allowed under IRS rules, which replaces the grace period used in previous plan years. If you participate in either of the FSAs, the IRS is allowing rollover of your 2021 FSA funds until December 31, 2022 due to the pandemic.
- If you have both the Healthcare FSA and the HRA, you will receive ONE card from Optum with both account balances loaded.
- If you missed the HRtalks Benefits-Optum Transition Training, you can view the recording on our HRtalks webpage.
- If you missed the HRtalks Benefits-Optum Direct Bill Training, you can view the recording on our HRtalks webpage.
What does the rollover provision mean?
The rollover provision allows you to rollover up to a max $550* of unspent funds to the next plan year. A run-out period applies, which gives you three months to submit claims from the previous plan year, after which up to $550 rolls over to the next plan year and can be used for any expenses incurred in that plan year. There is no risk of forfeiture of funds up the $550*.
Example: You have a remaining balance of $200 at the end of 2021. You can use that $200 for expenses incurred between 1/1/2021 – 12/31/2021. You have until 3/31/2022 to submit claims from 2021 to use that $200 balance. If you don’t use the full $200 by 3/31/2022 the remaining balance will roll-over to 2022 and can be used for any expenses incurred in calendar year 2022.
* Special extension: Due to the pandemic, the IRS is allowing any unused amounts in employees’ 2021 Health Care and/or Dependent Care FSAs to roll into 2022
2021 FSA Claims & Balances
Manual claims can be submitted for reimbursement to WEX/Discovery for FSA expenses incurred in 2021 during the run-out period between 1/1 – 4/15/2022.
Two Options for for using your 2021 funds during the run-out period:
- The "pay me back" option: Submit a receipt and request reimbursement via check or electronic funds transfer (EFT)
- The "pay my provider" option: Submit a bill or invoice and have a check sent directly to your provider
At the end of the 2021 run-out periods, any unspent FSA balances from 2021 will be transferred from Discovery and rolled over to Optum.
The 2021 FSA rollover balances will then be added to your 2022 account balance with Optum and accessible to you on or around 5/1/2022.
For 2021 FSA claims or account questions, go to wexinc.com or contact WEX/Discovery at 1-866-451-3399.
Health Care Flexible Spending Account
The Health Care (FSA) annual employee contributions are available to use beginning January 1, 2022. You may use these funds for you and your dependents. The maximum annual employee contribution limit for a Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) is $2,850.
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
The Dependent Care (FSA) annual employee contributions accumulate on a per pay period basis. You may use these funds to reimburse you for daycare and children's camp expenses. The maximum annual employee and household contribution limit for Dependent Care FSA is $5,000.
Review the Dependent Care FSA Updated Legislation
Optum Contact Information
Customer Service: 866-860-7260
Wex/Discovery Benefits Contact Information
Customer Service: 1-866-451-3399