Accelerated BA Philosophy / MA Health Care Ethics
This accelerated program is perfect for the excellent student who is primed for a career in the health sciences or professional ethics and wants to investigate critical moral and methodological questions to evaluate healthcare institutions and practices.
To this end, you may take 9 hours of graduate (600-level) classes while you are an undergrad, and apply those hours to your BA in Philosophy. Then, you need only 21 hours of additional graduate coursework to complete the the Health Care Ethics MA.
The guidelines for this accelerated BA/MA track are as follows:
- Apply for the accelerated program no later than the end of your junior year.
- Your GPA -- both overall and in the major -- must be at least 3.35.
- The GRE and graduate application to the Health Care Ethics MA program are still required.
- Up to 9 hours of graduate credit may be applied to the BA.
- Students in any Philosophy BA program are eligible.
- All other requirements remain the same.
Sample Curriculum for Accelerated BA in Philosophy (Bioethics track) / MA in Health Care Ethics:
BA-only courses (24 hours = 8 courses)
PHIL 301 & 303
PHIL 311, 412, or 512
PHIL 502 capstone
Double-counted credits (9 hours = 3 courses)
PHIL/BETH 621 (WR)
MA-only courses (24 hours = 8 courses)
BETH 685 or BETH 686