Philosophy welcomes new full-time, part-time faculty for 2022-23
As we begin the 2022-23 academic year, the Philosophy department is very pleased to welcome three new full-time faculty members and one new (and one returning) part-time faculty member. New full-time faculty members are:
- Dr. Vilde Aavitsland, who completed her PhD at DePaul University in 2022 and is a scholar of Social & Political Philosophy and 20th Century Continental Philosophy;
- Dr. Ryan Froese, who also completed his PhD at DePaul University in 2022 and is a scholar of Modern German Philosophy, Metaphysics, and Theories of Normativity; and
- Dr. Olivia Schuman, who comes to us from a post-doc at Baylor College of Medicine after completing her PhD in 2020 at York University. Dr. Schuman specializes in Clinical Ethics and will be splitting her time between the Philosophy Department's Applied Philosophy MA program and Norton Healthcare, where she will head up clinical ethics programming.
We also welcome two part-time faculty members.
- Dr. Eve Polley returns after a fellowship year during which she completed her dissertation in the Global Humanities PhD program, supervised by Dr. D.A. Masolo; and
- Lauren O'Dell, who will be teaching online while she completes her PhD in clinical bioethics in the Philosophy Department at the University of Kentucky.
We are very excited to welcome this amazing crop of new talent!