With the health and safety of our newest Cardinals as a top priority, all on-campus Transfer and Adult Orientation sessions for summer 2020 will be transitioned to Online Orientation.
Becoming a Cardinal is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1) Schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor
After you are admitted, schedule an appointment with your academic advisor by logging into CardSmart with your ULink username and password and clicking "make an appointment." View step-by-step instructions (opens PDF). (If you experience an error, please allow 2-3 business days for the assignment of your academic advisor.)
2) Enroll in Classes
After you have completed academic advising, you will be ready to register for classes when registration is available. Click here for the registration schedule.
Register for online orientation through your New Cards Gateway with the same email address and password created when you applied for admission.
To login to your Gateway for the first time:
- Visit the New Cards Gateway and click “forgot your password?”
- Enter the email address you used to apply to UofL and date of birth, then check that same email address for a special login pin.
- Log in with that same email address, pin and date-of-birth and update your password.
Summer/Fall 2020 Orientation - Online Orientation
All on-campus orientation sessions for summer 2020 have been cancelled, and all orientation programming for transfer and adult students will be hosted online. The online orientation module will be available in Blackboard approximately one business day after registration is completed. To access the Online Orientation Program:
- Login to Blackboard with your ULink userID and password.
- After logging in, click Organizations in the left navigation bar.
- Click on Summer/Fall 2020 Online Orientation to get started.
- Once in the module, click on Start Here for instructions, and then navigate to the Orientation Modules.
- You will need to complete the modules with a total assessment score of 70% to successfully complete your Orientation requirement.
Online Degree Program Students
If you are admitted to an online degree program, you will automatically gain access to register for an online orientation after you pay your orientation fee in your New Cards Gateway. The registration link will be added to your Gateway approximately one hours after your orientation payment is submitted.
The online orientation module will be available in Blackboard approximately one business day after registration is completed.
Orientation is a requirement for all incoming, degree-seeking students. Failure to complete your orientation requirement will result in a registration hold for the next semester, and will prevent you from being able to obtain your official UofL transcript.
Please Note: International students (non-immigrants) should not register for Transfer/Adult Orientation. International students will complete a required International Student Orientation before classes begin. Information regarding International Student Orientation will be communicated through the University of Louisville's International Center. Welcome to UofL!