Transfer/Adult Orientation - Spring 2022
The following information applies to students entering UofL in Spring 2022. Information for Summer/Fall 2022 students will be available in the Spring.
Becoming a Cardinal is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
You can also view the Transfer & Adult Guide for a complete list of your next steps.
The Pre-Advising Module will be available in your New Cards Gateway beginning Friday, October 1.
The Pre-Advising Module is self-paced and can take up to an hour to complete. You are able to stop and start as needed, but should complete all sections of the module prior to your Academic Advising Appointment. The module contains important information you need to know prior to your appointment, such as:
- How to use University technology
- Academic Program Overview
- Financial Aid information
- Information about parking, obtaining your Cardinal Card, and dining
- Preparation for Academic Advising (using CardSmart and setting up your Enrollment Shopping Cart)
To access the Pre-Advising Module
- Log into your New Cards Gateway
- You will login to your Gateway with your personal email address and password created at the time of application to UofL
- Click on the "Spring 2022 Pre-Advising Module" link in the New Cards Gateway Checklist section
- Use Google Chrome as your browser
- On the Microsoft Sign In screen, enter your UofL email address in the userID@louisville.edu format
- Click Next
- On the Enter password screen, enter your ULink password
- Click Sign In
You will not be able to login if:
- You enter your userID@louisville.edu email address incorrectly
- Your University accounts are not activated. Click here for activation instructions
If you are admitted to a fully online program, you will have an Online Programs Orientation linked in your Gateway in place of the Pre-Advising Module.
Attending an on-campus orientation session will give you the opportunity to build on the information you learned in your Pre-Advising Module and become acclimated with campus before classes start in the spring. On-campus orientation sessions will include information sessions, a campus resource fair, lunch/dinner, and a campus tour. Attending an on-campus session id optional, but strongly encouraged.
- Tuesday, December 7 at 2:30 p.m. ET
- Friday, December 10 at 8:15 a.m. ET
- Friday, December 17 at 8:15 a.m. ET
The fee to attend an on-campus orientation session is $40.
2) Schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor
After completing your Pre-Advising Module, schedule an appointment with your academic advisor through CardSmart. Complete instructions for logging in to CardSmart and scheduling your appointment can be found in the Pre-Advising Module.
Enroll in Classes
After you have completed academic advising and orientation, you will be ready to register for classes when registration is available. Please note that you will be required to complete pre-registration questions before gaining access to enrollment. These questions can be found in the “Tasks” tile in ULink. Click here for the registration schedule.
Please Note: International students (non-immigrants) should not register for Transfer/Adult Orientation. International students will complete a required International Student Orientation before classes begin. Information regarding International Student Orientation will be communicated through the University of Louisville's International Center. Welcome to UofL!