Spring 2020 First-time Freshmen
Follow these steps and you will be on your way to becoming a Cardinal!
*You will register for Freshman Orientation through your New Cards Gateway with the email address and password created when you applied for admission.*
Please note: All first-time freshmen must pay an enrollment deposit before they can register for orientation. More details can be found on the First-Time Freshman Checklist.
On-campus orientation sessions for traditional first-time freshmen admitted for Spring 2020:
- Friday, November 22, 2019 (Registration is now CLOSED)
- Friday, December 20, 2019
You should plan to be on campus for orientation from approximately 8:00 am - 3:00 pm ET. Lunch will be provided for all registered students and guests. More detailed information about the day will be sent to student UofL email accounts 3 days before your session.
The day will include :
- Faculty Expectations presentation
- Tutoring Services information
- Student Success presentation
- Financial Aid presentation
- Campus Resource Fair
- Campus Tour (wear your walking shoes and dress for the weather!)
- Opportunities to meet current UofL students
Meet with an Academic Advisor
After registering for orientation, you can contact your academic advising center to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor.
Check out the New Cards First-Time Freshman Checklist
The New Cards First-Time Freshman Checklist will help you be prepared for the start of classes.