Returning Student Guide
Before classes begin:
1. Activate your student accounts:
- Know your student ID number.
- Follow this link to set up your university email account and other online services. Please note: many university offices will only send information to your UofL email account.
- You will use ULINK to register for classes.
2. If you haven't already done so, apply for financial aid at fafsa.gov as soon as possible to maximize your funding. Make sure to monitor ULink and your UofL Email account for important up-to-date information from the Student Financial Aid Office.
Once you've submitted your FAFSA:
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool if you are eligible to do so.
- Review your Financial Aid To-Do List via your ULink account when notified by the Student Financial Aid Office, and on a regular basis.
You can use our Net Price Calculator to receive an estimated net price of attendance.
3. Contact your academic unit for advising requirements. Visit louisville.edu/advising for department information and hours.
4. If you are planning to live on campus, please apply for housing as soon as possible. Visit louisville.edu/housing to submit your application online.
5. After you complete advising, register for classes on ULink.
After you have completed academic advising, you will be ready to register for classes when registration is available. Please note that you will be required to complete pre-registration questions before gaining access to enrollment. These questions can be found in the “Tasks” tile in ULink.
See the links below for helpful information:
6. Get your Student ID. You must be registered for classes at least one day prior to getting your card. For your convenience you can upload your photo online!