We seek to advertise available openings of interest to social work students and social work graduates. Jobs are posted for 60 days, unless stated otherwise in the ad. If you would like to post job opportunities to this website, please contact Debra Evans with the following information included in your email:
- full job description
- title of organization and the job title
- whether full or part-time, or seasonal/contract position
- eligibility requirements for the position
- contact information (name, address, phone, fax), so an applicant can submit their letter of interest
University Career Center
Thank you for your interest in recruiting University of Louisville students! Interested in posting your opportunity with us? We utilize a system called Cards Career Connection powered by Handshake.
Use Cards Career Connection powered by Handshake to:
- Post internship and professional entry-level positions
- Post Student Employment Positions located in the Kentuckiana region
- Register for career fair hosted by the University Career Center
- Post off-campus events and virtual information sessions
PLEASE NOTE: There are three other career centers on campus:
- College of Business uses COB Career Trak.
- Speed School of Engineering uses SPEED SYMPLICITY.
- Brandeis School of Law will uses SYMPLICITY JOB BANK.
Please see our Handshake User Guides for more information.
Resources from SocialWorkGuide.org
- Jobs board searchable by geographical location: http://www.socialworkguide.org/jobs/
- Licensure by state guide: http://www.socialworkguide.org/licensure/
ST. ELIZABETH CATHOLIC CHARITIES
POSITION TITLE: Case Manager and Maries Community Distribution Director
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
SECRETARIAT: Catholic Charities and Family Ministries
REPORTS TO: Residential Director- Case Manager
Social Services Director- Maries Community Distribution
SUPERVISES: Maries Community Distribution Volunteers
Maintain residential case load through case management and enforcing program requirements.
To manage Marie’s Community Distribution program through program development and supervision of volunteers.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND REGULAR ACTIVITIES
Meeting with residents weekly or as needed to establish and successfully meet goals.
- Meeting regularly with Maries volunteers to answer questions and provide training as necessary.
- To maintain Marie’s program and protocols and adjust and make changes as needed.
- Enforcing guidelines for the program as needed.
- Supporting residential program needs and requirements.
- Other duties assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND/OR ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable about women and children issues.
- Knowledgeable about prevention and causes of homelessness.
- Knowledge about the effects of crime, victimization, domestic violence and abuse
- Ability to provide case management and supportive services.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize.
- Ability to manage volunteers and assign tasks
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social work
- LSW required
- On-call availability required.
- Available to work two evenings per week.
- Travel and transportation for clients as needed.
- Ability to safeguard confidential information and documentation.
- Ability to coordinate with a variety of community resources and organizations.
- Ability to advocate for clients and refer to victim resources when needed
- Ability to coordinate with volunteers and agency management
Please state salary requirements for consideration.
Erin Goodlett, MSSW, LCSW, Social Services Director
St. Elizabeth Catholic Charities
702 E. Market St.
New Albany, IN 47150 Phone: 812-941-7009
Kilgore Samaritan Counseling Center
POSITION TITLE: Staff Therapist
Licensed: Master’s or Doctoral level Clinician
REPORTS TO: Clinical Director
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: A staff therapist provides individual, group, couple, and family therapy. He or she participates as a clinical staff team member, shares in staffing and case conferences, performs necessary administrative tasks, and participates in Center community relations. Provides preventive health care via teaching, education groups, consultation, and community relations as determined by the Clinical Director and Executive Director.
- Professional clinical services
- Clinical staff participation
- Center administration and development
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
Professional Clinical Services
- Providing 25 – 30 weekly hours of clinical services including individual therapy, couple therapy, family therapy, group therapy, and other clinical/consultative services to local community organizations and churches
- Conducting assessment and effective implementation of plans of treatment with client systems
- Maintaining clinical records in keeping with Center policies and procedures
- Working with the administrative staff to set and collect appropriate fees
- Representing the standards and practices of their primary professional fields
Clinical Staff Participation
- Working cooperatively with staff colleagues, consultants, and referring professionals
- Actively participating in clinical staffing and case consultations
- Attending administrative staff meetings, staff retreats, and other team building activities
Center Administration and Development
- Participating in the development of the Center's referral network
- Performing administrative and development tasks as assigned
- Participating in the Center's programs of education, consultation, and community relations as directed by Executive Director or Clinical Director
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduation from an accredited college, university, or seminary with a master's or doctoral degree in pastoral counseling, professional counseling, psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy, or equivalent.
- Clinician must hold and maintain an active license in their corresponding professional discipline to practice in the State of Kentucky. Clinician must also hold an active membership in their corresponding professional association (American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT), American Counseling Association (ACA), Academy of Clinical Social Workers (ACSW), the Kentucky Psychological Association (KPA) American Psychological Association (APA) etc.
- Clinical experience and knowledge in substance abuse/addiction treatment is helpful.
- Ability to perform self-evaluation, and verbalize competencies and limitations with accuracy.
- Mastery of a coherent theory and practice of therapy.
- Ability to use the language and methodology of differential diagnosis and familiarity with the contributions of various diagnostic tests.
- Ability to assess a client's therapeutic needs, to establish a therapeutic relationship, and to conduct, complete, terminate, and evaluate that therapy.
- Ability to relate the contributions of various disciplines to the therapeutic task and to make appropriate use of inter-professional collaboration.
- Ability to integrate religious commitment and therapy practices.
- Ability to help clients deal with theological issues utilizing religious resources within their own belief system.
- Understanding of the dynamics of religious experience and the implications for pastoral psychotherapy.
- Ability and willingness to develop and cultivate his/her own caseload by representing the Center in the community and relating to referral sources.
- Knowledge of community resources.
Northstar Counseling Center LLC
Independantly Licensed Therapist
Northstar Counseling Center is committed to meeting our community’s mental health needs through providing counseling in Louisville, KY to individuals, couples, children and families.
The collaborative staff of Northstar seeks to meet each client’s needs creatively and compassionately. We combine a variety of approaches and techniques with a safe, non-judgmental atmosphere to skillfully address our client’s desire for change and help them meet their unique personal goals. We are experienced in evidenced based treatment models to address presenting problems such as depression, anxiety, effects of traumatic experience, mental illness, and family and relationship issues.
We serve individuals, couples, families, children and teens from all walks of life, and invite self-referrals in addition to referrals from physicians, educators and other sources within our community.
Position Description: Northstar Counseling Center LLC is seeking an independently licensed therapist as an independent contractor working in a private practice outpatient setting. Contractor will pay a percentage of individually billed fees to Northstar Counseling Center LLC in exchange for use of furnished office space, participation in referral rotation, and advertising and marketing of practice. Full or part time office availability with potential for expanded hours as caseload builds.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide high quality, compassionate and ethical outpatient mental health therapy to clients as scheduled.
- Complete clinical documentation within a timely manner.
- Actively participate as a positive member of the clinic environment.
- Maintain good standing with the appropriate licensure board, ethical standards, and malpractice insurance entities.
- Complete all recommended continuing education requirements.
- Stay current with clinical research and best practices.
- Be aware of community referral sources and refer when necessary.
- Secure client information and maintain case files per HIPAA standards.
- Perform other duties as indicated (including but not limited to marketing, social media and blog posts, authorization and billing forms, phone calls, and participating in staff and case consultation meetings).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of family systems and their impact on mental health within the family
- Skill in applying varied interventions with individuals/families in crisis
- Skill in working with a variety of cultures, genders, sexual orientation and varying family systems
- Skill in working independently and implementing time management strategies
- Ability to provide necessary self-care
- Ability to demonstrate positive team interactions with other clinic staff
- Awareness of personal strengths and appropriate timing for referrals
Education and Experience:
- A masters or doctoral degree in a mental health-related field
- Independently licensed and willingness to become credentialed with managed care / insurance companies (current credentialing preferred)
How to Apply:
For more information regarding Northstar Counseling Center please visit www.northstarcounselingcenter.com. Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com.
Trager Institute and Optimal Aging Clinic
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Link to the position: https://careers-uoflhealth.icims.com/jobs/15817/job
Masters Level Therapist/Social Worker
Kentuckiana Stroke Association
City of Charlestown, Indiana
Smoketown Family Wellness Center Pediatric Office:
Family Coach, full-time - will consider part-time
Required Education Master’s Degree: Social Work or Counseling or related behavioral health field
POSITION Summary: The Family Coach is part of an integrated care team with an intentional purpose to support families to be healthy in mind, body, and spirit. SFWC addresses clinical care for children and healthy lifestyle support for the family. The Family Coach is vital to this model. SFWC approaches family wellness from a strengths-based, trauma-informed perspective that is driven by families. Applicant must have a clear understanding of social determinants of health and how they affect overall wellbeing. Responsibilities include screenings, assessing needs, providing support and encouragement, assisting with family goal setting and tracking, referring to community resources, and pursuing crisis intervention when necessary. As an advocate for the Center and the community, the Family Coach engages the community in developing programming to meet families’ needs. The Family Coach partners with clinical staff to provide optimal care for families.
The Family Coach is responsible for the following:
● Administering and reviewing the needs of each family receiving services at SFWC.
● Working with caregivers using motivational interviewing and assessing patient activation to develop goals that support wellbeing for their children and themselves.
● Training and competency in use of EHR.
● Maintaining efficient, confidential, and organized records including providing timely and appropriate case notes in EHR.
● Collaborating with the Managing Director, clinical staff, and other SFWC staff to develop and maintain relationships with community partners.
● Offering a variety of programming for the community, including but not limited to, classes on parenting concerns, stress management, and financial planning.
● Coordinating and facilitating communication among referral agencies/community support services on behalf of each family.
● Maintaining a positive working relationship with families and the SFWC team to provide support and encouragement for a high standard of care.
● Acting as a mandated reporter to Child Protective Services when abuse is observed or suspected.
● Participating in regular meetings in addition to ongoing communication with physicians regarding family needs
● Serving as an advocate for the Center and community to champion the Center’s unique values and to encourage engagement of the community.
● Envisioning with the Center’s leadership to promote growth and development of the Center.
● Performing other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (e.g. physical demands, confidentiality requirements, travel requirements)
Master’s degree in behavioral health; licensure preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with diverse populations.
• Significant experience in the areas of case management and project management.
• Training/working understanding of trauma-informed care and/or willingness to be trained.
• Thorough knowledge of community resources and education opportunities including county resources, benefits, and assistance programs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with medical coding and/or willingness to be trained.
• Detail-oriented and organized.
• Ability to work in a team environment, interact and collaborate with staff, direct families by delivering high quality service.
• Ability to problem-solve, multi-task, complete work on time and work independently.
• Proficiency in computer skills.
• Passion for the SFWC vision and mission.
Charlotte Gay Stites, MD, Pediatrician
Smoketown Family Wellness Center
760 South Hancock Street, Suite B100
Louisville, KY 40203
Heart 2 Heart Wellness Center is an inviting warm private practice with a holistic wellness approach to self-care. At H2H you will find mental health wellness, therapeutic yoga, healing touch massage and meditation classes to nurture wellbeing in the body, mind and spirit. The culture and environment at H2H is healthy, happy and relaxing with dedicated practitioners looking to help our clients move towards their best self and achieve personal goals. We are removing the stigma from mental health wellness and instead speaking a language of self-care. If this aligns with your style of practice, we look forward to you joining our team! H2H is located in New Albany, IN.
This position is entirely remote and services will be provided via telehealth. H2H is looking for Indiana (IN) licensed mental health therapists (LCSW or LPCC) that are skilled at working with adults and children in an outpatient setting. You will have the unique opportunity to build your reputation as a therapist and case load to suit your personal clinical style, with the room and flexibility to grow as desired.
We value ensuring that our clients have a healthy and enjoyable clinical experience, but it is equally important that our therapists do too! A good fit at H2H will be a self-directed therapist who has ideas and passions that they want to see come to fruition and just needs the support and resources to do so. This is not just your typical stuffy, dark, outpatient office. H2H is a vibrant, energy filled space that needs engaging therapists that bring their knowledge and personality to their practice. Therapists must be willing to think outside of the box to meet client needs, work well with minimal supervision, and be a self-starter. Previous private practice experience is highly valued, as you will already be paneled with insurance companies, however it is not required. H2H will provide you with the clinical resources, marketing materials and support to build your clientele and fulfill your clinical passions as they align with holistic mental health wellness.
Current compensation will follow a private practice model and be based on the independently licensed therapists’ ability to bill insurance or accept other payment methods. Additional opportunities for compensation are available and based on additional services the clinician is able to provide and/or desire for additional integration into the clinical practice.
Job Types: Part-Time, Full-time, Contract
Salary: $50.00 to $100.00 /hour
Heart 2 Heart Wellness Center
3306 Plaza Drive
New Albany, IN 47150
Candidates can apply on Indeed or emailing their resume & brief description of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.