We seek to advertise available openings of interest to social work students and social work graduates. Jobs are posted for 60 days, unless stated otherwise in the ad. If you would like to post job opportunities to this website, please contact Debra Evans with the following information included in your email:
- full job description
- title of organization and the job title
- whether full or part-time, or seasonal/contract position
- eligibility requirements for the position
- contact information (name, address, phone, fax), so an applicant can submit their letter of interest
University Career Center
Thank you for your interest in recruiting University of Louisville students! Interested in posting your opportunity with us? We utilize a system called Cards Career Connection powered by Handshake.
Use Cards Career Connection powered by Handshake to:
- Post internship and professional entry-level positions
- Post Student Employment Positions located in the Kentuckiana region
- Register for career fair hosted by the University Career Center
- Post off-campus events and virtual information sessions
PLEASE NOTE: There are three other career centers on campus:
- College of Business uses COB Career Trak.
- Speed School of Engineering uses SPEED SYMPLICITY.
- Brandeis School of Law will uses SYMPLICITY JOB BANK.
Please see our Handshake User Guides for more information.
Resources from SocialWorkGuide.org
- Jobs board searchable by geographical location: http://www.socialworkguide.org/jobs/
- Licensure by state guide: http://www.socialworkguide.org/licensure/
Trager Institute and Optimal Aging Clinic
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Link to the position: https://careers-uoflhealth.icims.com/jobs/15817/job
Masters Level Therapist/Social Worker
ST. ELIZABETH CATHOLIC CHARITIES
I. IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
POSITION TITLE: Case Manager and Maries Community Distribution Director
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
SECRETARIAT: Catholic Charities and Family Ministries
REPORTS TO: Residential Director- Case Manager
Social Services Director- Maries Community Distribution
SUPERVISES: Maries Community Distribution Volunteers
II. PRIMARY FUNCTION
Maintain residential case load through case management and enforcing program requirements.
To manage Marie’s Community Distribution program through program development and supervision of volunteers.
III. POSITION CONTENT
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND REGULAR ACTIVITIES
1. Meeting with residents weekly or as needed to establish and successfully meet goals.
2. Meeting regularly with Maries volunteers to answer questions and provide training as necessary.
3. To maintain Marie’s program and protocols and adjust and make changes as needed.
4. Enforcing guidelines for the program as needed.
5. Supporting residential program needs and requirements.
6. Other duties assigned.
IV. POSITION SPECIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND/OR ABILITIES
1. Knowledgeable about women and children issues.
2. Knowledgeable about prevention and causes of homelessness.
3. Knowledge about the effects of crime, victimization, domestic violence and abuse
4. Ability to provide case management and supportive services.
5. Ability to multi task and prioritize.
6. Ability to manage volunteers and assign tasks
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE
1. Master’s degree in social work
2. LSW required
V. WORKING ENVIRONMENT
1. On-call availability required.
2. Available to work two evenings per week.
3. Travel and transportation for clients as needed.
4. Ability to safeguard confidential information and documentation.
5. Ability to coordinate with a variety of community resources and organizations.
6. Ability to advocate for clients and refer to victim resources when needed
7. Ability to coordinate with volunteers and agency management
Please state salary requirements for consideration.
Erin Goodlett, MSSW, LCSW
Social Services Director
St. Elizabeth Catholic Charities
702 E. Market St.
New Albany, IN 47150
Kentuckiana Stroke Association
City of Charlestown, Indiana
Smoketown Family Wellness Center Pediatric Office:
Family Coach, full-time - will consider part-time
Required Education Master’s Degree: Social Work or Counseling or related behavioral health field
POSITION Summary: The Family Coach is part of an integrated care team with an intentional purpose to support families to be healthy in mind, body, and spirit. SFWC addresses clinical care for children and healthy lifestyle support for the family. The Family Coach is vital to this model. SFWC approaches family wellness from a strengths-based, trauma-informed perspective that is driven by families. Applicant must have a clear understanding of social determinants of health and how they affect overall wellbeing. Responsibilities include screenings, assessing needs, providing support and encouragement, assisting with family goal setting and tracking, referring to community resources, and pursuing crisis intervention when necessary. As an advocate for the Center and the community, the Family Coach engages the community in developing programming to meet families’ needs. The Family Coach partners with clinical staff to provide optimal care for families.
The Family Coach is responsible for the following:
● Administering and reviewing the needs of each family receiving services at SFWC.
● Working with caregivers using motivational interviewing and assessing patient activation to develop goals that support wellbeing for their children and themselves.
● Training and competency in use of EHR.
● Maintaining efficient, confidential, and organized records including providing timely and appropriate case notes in EHR.
● Collaborating with the Managing Director, clinical staff, and other SFWC staff to develop and maintain relationships with community partners.
● Offering a variety of programming for the community, including but not limited to, classes on parenting concerns, stress management, and financial planning.
● Coordinating and facilitating communication among referral agencies/community support services on behalf of each family.
● Maintaining a positive working relationship with families and the SFWC team to provide support and encouragement for a high standard of care.
● Acting as a mandated reporter to Child Protective Services when abuse is observed or suspected.
● Participating in regular meetings in addition to ongoing communication with physicians regarding family needs
● Serving as an advocate for the Center and community to champion the Center’s unique values and to encourage engagement of the community.
● Envisioning with the Center’s leadership to promote growth and development of the Center.
● Performing other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (e.g. physical demands, confidentiality requirements, travel requirements)
Master’s degree in behavioral health; licensure preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with diverse populations.
• Significant experience in the areas of case management and project management.
• Training/working understanding of trauma-informed care and/or willingness to be trained.
• Thorough knowledge of community resources and education opportunities including county resources, benefits, and assistance programs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with medical coding and/or willingness to be trained.
• Detail-oriented and organized.
• Ability to work in a team environment, interact and collaborate with staff, direct families by delivering high quality service.
• Ability to problem-solve, multi-task, complete work on time and work independently.
• Proficiency in computer skills.
• Passion for the SFWC vision and mission.
Charlotte Gay Stites, MD, Pediatrician
Smoketown Family Wellness Center
760 South Hancock Street, Suite B100
Louisville, KY 40203
Heart 2 Heart Wellness Center is an inviting warm private practice with a holistic wellness approach to self-care. At H2H you will find mental health wellness, therapeutic yoga, healing touch massage and meditation classes to nurture wellbeing in the body, mind and spirit. The culture and environment at H2H is healthy, happy and relaxing with dedicated practitioners looking to help our clients move towards their best self and achieve personal goals. We are removing the stigma from mental health wellness and instead speaking a language of self-care. If this aligns with your style of practice, we look forward to you joining our team! H2H is located in New Albany, IN.
This position is entirely remote and services will be provided via telehealth. H2H is looking for Indiana (IN) licensed mental health therapists (LCSW or LPCC) that are skilled at working with adults and children in an outpatient setting. You will have the unique opportunity to build your reputation as a therapist and case load to suit your personal clinical style, with the room and flexibility to grow as desired.
We value ensuring that our clients have a healthy and enjoyable clinical experience, but it is equally important that our therapists do too! A good fit at H2H will be a self-directed therapist who has ideas and passions that they want to see come to fruition and just needs the support and resources to do so. This is not just your typical stuffy, dark, outpatient office. H2H is a vibrant, energy filled space that needs engaging therapists that bring their knowledge and personality to their practice. Therapists must be willing to think outside of the box to meet client needs, work well with minimal supervision, and be a self-starter. Previous private practice experience is highly valued, as you will already be paneled with insurance companies, however it is not required. H2H will provide you with the clinical resources, marketing materials and support to build your clientele and fulfill your clinical passions as they align with holistic mental health wellness.
Current compensation will follow a private practice model and be based on the independently licensed therapists’ ability to bill insurance or accept other payment methods. Additional opportunities for compensation are available and based on additional services the clinician is able to provide and/or desire for additional integration into the clinical practice.
Job Types: Part-Time, Full-time, Contract
Salary: $50.00 to $100.00 /hour
Heart 2 Heart Wellness Center
3306 Plaza Drive
New Albany, IN 47150
Candidates can apply on Indeed or emailing their resume & brief description of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.