How to Give
If you would like to support the Kent School and make a gift, please take a moment right now to visit the University of Louisville giving page or click "Donate" below. Then select the "Kent School of Social Work" to designate as the recipient of your gift. Thank you.
ABOUT KENT SCHOOL OF SOCIAL WORK AND FAMILY SCIENCE
Founded in 1936, the Kent School of Social Work and Family Science prepares students to work in a society with complex social problems and needs. Rapidly becoming one of the top research social work programs in the country, the school is able to provide current research information in the preparation of its students for work with individuals, families and communities. The Kent School proudly joins with the University of Louisville to help us become a premier anti-racist metropolitan research university.
- There are close to 300 accredited graduate programs in the US, and the Kent School is ranked 42nd by US News and World Report.
- Rated the No.1 social work program in Kentucky by US News and World Report.
- Ranked in the top 17% of social work programs in the nation by US News and World Report.
- Rated 3rd in the country for its MSSW online program by Social Work Degree Guide.
- One of two endowed chairs nationally in Oncology Social Work – The Renato LaRocca Chair in Oncology Social Work, currently held by Dr. Karlynn BrintzenhofeSzoc.
- Our Couples and Family Therapy (CFT) Program is an independent graduate degree located in the Kent School and is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE). Students can double major in both CFT and Social Work.
- The DSW Program, started in Fall 2021, is the first fully online doctoral degree offered by the University of Louisville.
- Our online BSW and MSSW programs often have students in every state and multiple US territories and countries.
- Our SW MSSW degree offers dual degree programs with Law, Ministry, Pan-African Studies, Women and Gender Studies, and Healthcare Ethics.
- One of the fastest growing social work programs in the country in regards to federal funding for external research - $30 million in total research funding portfolio, with most funding from federal sources.
- Kent School Faculty serve on 50 to 75 community boards and committees each year.
- Kent School students train in local, national, and international field placements providing hundreds of thousands of hours of social work and family therapy services valued at approximately $4 million to individuals, groups, communities in local, state, regional and international organizations.
- Dr. Betty Kramer, Professor of Social Work at the University of Wisconsin, Madison has been honored numerous times nationally for her work in the field of aging, particularly in regards to end-of-life research.
- John Rabun, Jr. is co-founder and current Chief Operating Officer of the Center for Missing and Exploited Center.
- Helen Cloud Austin has been honored twice by the National Association of Social Workers; first as the National Social Worker of the Year and later as a Social Work Pioneer. She was inducted into the San Antonio Hall of Fame for her contributions to women in the state of Texas.
- Rosalyn Taylor O’Neale, has more than thirty years of experience leading learning-based interventions in over forty-eight countries, across six continents. She designs global diversity and inclusion strategic initiatives, leads workshops, seminars, and leadership develop programs. Additionally, she provides executive coaching, team development, and cultural change management programs for multinational, Fortune 500, mid-sized organizations, government agencies and educational institutions
- Our BSW graduates regularly graduate with Latin honors (Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, and Cum Laude).
- Doctoral students have been funded by the American Cancer Society and the Doris Duke Fellowship and have been recognized for their leadership and dissertation research at commencement with the Houchens Prize, Stevenson Award and Binford Memorial Award from the Graduate School.