Thank you for all those able to attend our Homecoming Meet & Greet. We enjoyed the 50 years of alumni and social work, family science excellence in attendance. Pictured from left to right, 2023-2024 Council Vice President Sam Beavers, Dean John Miller, 2023-2024 Council President DeShara Doub, 2023 Kent School Alumni Fellow Dr. Tomarra Adams, and 2023-2024 Council Secretary/Treasurer Christy Northern.
Current CEU Event
Supporting Grieving Students & School Staff in Unpredictable Times with Dr. Bethanie Brogli Opell
Do you currently feel confident in providing effective grief support to students and school staff?
In this session, you will learn from Dr. Bethanie Brogli Opell, an experienced practitioner and nationally certified crisis response trainer (PREPaRE Curriculum, National Association of School Psychologists), Jefferson County Public Schools District Crisis Response Team Co-lead, Kentucky Association for Psychology in the Schools Crisis Response Co-Chair and the NASP Crisis Management and Grief Support Interest Group Coordinator ways to effective support grieving students and staff members.
In this session, participants will:
- identify various forms of developmental considerations of grief
- learn research-based strategies to provide intervention and support to grieving students and school staff]
- receive tips to help teachers and families support children
- understand the variables associated with the current state of the pandemic impacting recovery
- obtain a toolbox of accessible resources to assist during the grieving process
- learn ways to overcome potential challenges related to the provision of grief support in schools"
This is a recorded workshop. The video is available to view privately on YouTube, so to watch the video, you will need access to a google account. Upon registration you will be sent the link to view the video. Once you have watched the recording, you must complete a knowledge test to be awarded your Continuing Education credit. Please contact Sam Beavers for questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
A portion of registration fees will go towards the "I Am The Change" Scholarship benefiting students at the University of Louisville Raymond A. Kent School of Social Work and Family Science.