Please carefully follow the application procedures listed below and those outlined by the Graduate School. You are responsible for ensuring that your application is complete and all materials are received by the deadline (December 1st) by both the Graduate School and the Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences. Please keep in mind that it may take up to a week for the department to access materials after being submitted to the Graduate School.
How to Apply: Parts I and II
To apply to the Clinical Psychology PhD program, applicants must complete Part I and Part II.
Deadline: December 1st
- Application Form
- Application Fee: $65: McNair Scholars can obtain an application fee waiver by submitting a completed McNair Scholars Fee Waiver form when applying. Application fee waivers are also granted to those receiving government public assistance through programs such as Aid to Families with Dependent Care (AFDC), Medicaid, Food Stamps, or Supplemental Security Insurance (SSI). Please contact (502) 852-6495 regarding your eligibility.
- Transcript(s): Official transcripts from all colleges you have attended must be sent directly from the colleges to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE): Only the general section of the GRE is required for the Clinical Psychology program. Scores should be directly reported to the university using the University of Louisville institution code of 1838.
- Three Recommendation Letters: Three letters of recommendation from academic sources are required by the Clinical Psychology program. Applicants are encouraged to take advantage of the electronic letter of recommendation option available through the online application form.
- *TOEFL/English Proficiency: Those for whom English is not their native language must also submit official TOEFL scores. For more information about the English Proficiency/TOEFL requirements, click here.
- *International Students:Additional instructions for international students can be found here.
After completing the graduate school online application in Part I, applications need to complete the Clinical Psychology program application. As a friendly reminder, both Part I and Part II need to be completed by the December 1st deadline.
The following additional materials will be needed to complete the Clinical Psychology program application:
- Applicant Data Sheet
Current Curriculum Vitae: A current CV will need to be uploaded.
Materials should be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Offers of Acceptance
Typically, students will receive offers of admission before April 1. Assistantships and fellowships are also normally offered before April 1. Applicants are under no obligation to respond to offers of admission or financial support prior to the decision date of April 15. Additional admissions and financial offers may be made after the April 15th decision date if one or more slots become available.
If you have any questions about the application process, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions page. Should you have any further questions, please contact:
Clinical Psychology Ph.D. Program
Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences
University of Louisville