Kent School Student Association
The objective of the Kent School Students’ Association (KSSA) is to promote social work values as expressed in the National Association of Social Work Code of Ethics and to serve the general advancement of the Kent School of Social Work students through:
- The promotion of a diverse and inclusive educational environment;
- The representation of the membership to the faculty, the administrative bodies within the Kent School of Social Work, the University, and to campus organizations of relevance to social work students.
- Advocating for student concerns and issues within the school, the campus and the broader community.
- Effective communication among the school administration, the University, Kent students, and the broader community.
- Working and coordinating with other social work students and schools across the United States and internationally.
- To provide facilities, amenities and activities for the benefit of the membership.
2019- 2020 Officers
See KSSA Constitution for Position Descriptions. Contact a KSSA Officer if interested.
|President (SGA Rep)|
|Vice-President (SGA Rep)||
|Social Justice Caucus Chair||
Join the Social Justice Caucus - Contact
Donate to the Kent School Student Emergency Fund
Students in the Kent School of Social Work sometimes experience an unforeseen financial crisis. A student may need funds to repair an automobile, to pay medical expenses, to pay a utility bill or any number of other immediate costs that could force a withdrawal or cause a hardship to continue in school. The Kent Student Emergency Fund (KSEF) consists of monies donated by students, faculty and alumni to be utilized for that purpose. Whenever possible, students who receive this financial assistance will repay these funds in order that funds are continuously available to assist students in need.