Dr. Stephanie Grace Prost
Enhancing timely and targeted correctional healthcare is essential to assuring positive, multi-system outcomes for persons receiving health services in our nation's jails and prisons, their caregivers, criminal justice professionals, and administration.
Dr. Prost aims to promote health and quality of life among criminal justice system stakeholders including persons who are incarcerated, their caregivers, criminal justice professionals, and administration. She pursues this aim using both quantitative and qualitative methods such as surveys and focus groups. Her future efforts include the development, implementation, and evaluation of tailored interventions aimed at enhancing quality of life among these groups.
- UofL Today, November 8, 2018 Terminally ill inmates
- Spectrum News, February 20, 2019 UofL Researchers Examine Mental, Medical Effects of Older Inmates
- UofL News, January 29, 2019 UofL researchers examine mental, medical effects of older inmates
- The Gerontologist Podcast September 22, 2020 COVID-19 and the Aging Prison Population
- The Progressive, December 3, 2020, The Graying of Mass Incarceration