Benefits Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment is closed.
What You Need to Know
- Plan Options for this year include: EPO, PPO, PCA High, PCA Low, ULH
- This is your only chance to add, drop or change your benefit elections and dependents, unless you have a Qualifying Life Event during the year
- Open Enrollment is required if you wish to fund a Flexible Spending Account. The elections you make go in effect January 1, 2022 and continue through December 31, 2022
- If you do not enroll by 11:59 p.m., Nov. 3, 2021, your 2022 elections will match your 2021 elections (same plans and coverage level) with the exception of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs). FSAs will default to “no election”
- If you are a retiree, please refer to our Retiree Open Enrollment page to view retiree open enrollment information
- New University of Louisville Health Plan (ULH)
- To earn the $40 Get Healthy Now monthly incentive in 2022, employees must receive 480 total wellness points by November 30, 2021. Employees can register and log into their Health Advocate account using their new Health Advocate username and password. Instructions on how to register and log in are on the Get Healthy Now website. NOTE: The Personal Health Profile must be completed, and all points must be earned by Nov. 30, 2021.
- Employees currently enrolled in any medical plan will receive new Anthem ID cards for 2022. Please look for your new card to arrive via the home address you have listed in ULink. You can print or download a copy of your new card from the Anthem website. If you do not receive your card in the mail by January 1, 2022, contact Anthem
- Optum Health will replace our current administrators, Discovery Benefits/WEX Health (for Health Care and Dependent Care FSAs) and HealthEquity (for the HRA). Additional information and details about the transition to Optum will be shared throughout the coming months.
- Modest increases in dental and vision rates will occur for 2022
- To view 2022 updates and other helpful resources, view the 2022 Benefits Guide
- You can also view a quick summary of the 2022 Benefit Rates
- Review this year's 'Explore Your Benefits' mailers for plan options
- Sign up for UofL Two-Factor Authentication. It is required to log-in to ULink to enroll
- Review 2022 benefit information for medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and life insurance. Not sure if you should make a change? Check out a few questions to ask yourself
How to Enroll
Step 1: Go to the HR portal, ULink, at ulink.louisville.edu
Step 2: Click “Employee”
Step 3: Log in. To access ULink, you will need use the UL2FCTR / DUO authentication (a two-factor authentication) as you log in. If you have not previously done this, visit louisville.edu/its/ul2fctr for more details on how to sign up. For any assistance with the UL2FCTR process, please contact the IT Help Desk at 852-7997
Step 4: Click “Benefits Enrollment”
Step 5: Click "Enroll" to begin enrollment
Step 6: Follow up with dependent verification documentation, if you have selected to have dependents covered. Visit the Dependent Eligibility Verification page for details on what documentation is required. Submit copies to Benefits or the HR office at 1980 Arthur Street. Employees have until March 1, 2022 to provide documentation for new dependents added January 1, 2022
- Enroll or Re-Enroll into a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) if you want a healthcare, dependent or limited FSA in 2022. You must re-enroll, even if you had an account last year
- Make desired changes to medical, dental, vision and life plans. If you don't make any changes, you will have the same coverage as last year. Note: your plan rates may increase from 2021 to 2022
- Speak directly to your Benefits Counselor for questions you may have regarding your benefits or call the Benefits Open Enrollment line at PHONE #.
- Submit your benefit election changes in the enrollment system online via ULink by November 3, 2021. Remember: Flexible Spending Accounts do not rollover and require action if you want one in 2022
- Confirm your elections are correct on your confirmation statement. Approximately 2 weeks after Open Enrollment closes, you will receive a confirmation statement to your UofL email address. Make sure everything looks correct and notify Benefits of any errors by November 19, 2021
- Double-check your first paycheck of 2021. Make sure your benefit deductions are correct.
- Complete ALL 480 total wellness points by 11:59pm on November 30, 2021 to receive the $40 Get Healthy Now monthly incentive for 2022. Learn more on our Get Healthy Now website
Beginning January 1, 2022, Discovery Benefits will no longer be the administrator of our Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs) or retiree billing. As of January 1, 2022, Optum Health will be the university's new administrator.
Here’s what this change to Optum Health will mean to you:
- You will get a new debit card for your HRA/FSA account; use this beginning January 1, 2022. For questions related to 2022 FSA or HRA claims, you will contact Optum Health at 866-860-7260, beginning January 1, 2022.
- If you participate in the HRA, your balance (up to plan limits) will roll over automatically to Optum Health. You don’t need to take action.
- If you participate in either of the FSAs, due to the pandemic, the IRS is allowing rollover of your 2021 FSA until December 31, 2022.
NOTE: Optum provides our employees the option to set up autopayment for billing. We highly encourage you to sign up for auto pay to guarantee you won't miss a payment. Failure to make a payment on time may result in loss of coverage and the ability to re-enroll.
Questions about your benefits?
Please email email@example.com. If you want to speak with your benefits counselor, click here to view the benefits contact page! Please also refer to our Benefits Definition page for benefit terminology.