Work on assigned floors in the residence halls.
- Helping and advising students individually and in groups
- Providing initiative and leadership in developing opportunities for the intellectual, cultural, and social growth of residents
- Assisting in the administration of the residence hall
- Supporting and implementing policies
Skills learned in this position are:
- leadership through structured and on-the-job experience.
- Identifying individual strengths and areas of improvement.
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Importance of understanding ethical leadership.
- Importance of creating social networks and working as a team.
- empowering others through involvement .
- Bringing people together in a community that recognizes individual differences and talents.
- Becoming knowledgeable of university and community resources.
- Becoming knowledgeable of financial support systems that assist in the pursuit of academic program.
- Developing understanding of responsibilities associated with a job commitment.