As a Conference Assistant for summer conferences, you will be responsible for preparing for all conferences, meeting the needs of the conference groups, working front desk, and wrapping up from each conference. The Conference Assistant will be involved in all phases of the conference operation including conference preparation, check-in and check-out, and handling linen. This position reports directly to the Conference Director.
- Enhance leadership skills through structured and on the job experience
- Identify individual strengths and weaknesses
- Develop problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills
- Practice time-management skills
- Learn the importance of ethical leadership
- Learn the importance of creating social networks and working as a team
- Develop the skills to empower others through involvement
- Develop and enhance interpersonal and communication skills
- Learn to bring people together in a community that recognizes individual differences and talents
- Become knowledgeable of university and community resources
- Utilize financial support to assist with pursuit of academic programs
- Develop understanding of responsibilities associated with a job
- Develop specific skills necessary to provide quality customer service
- 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Good standing with university
- Sophomore standing for the semester you would be hired
- May carry no more than 3 undergraduate/ graduate hours during employment
- participation in training
Preference will be given to students who have lived on campus and who meet the minimum
requirements for the hall(s) for which they are applying.
- Must attend all scheduled CA training sessions in May
- Scheduled hours will be approximately 20 hours per week.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, evenings, late evening, early mornings and weekends.
- Must commit for the entire summer.
- Must live in an assigned residence hall during employment period
- Granted one week off