Open Enrollment for 2020 Benefits
Open Enrollment is now closed.
Why Do I Need to Know This?
This is your only chance to add, drop or change your benefit elections and dependents, unless you have a qualifying event during the year. It is also required, if you wish to fund a flexible spending account. The elections you make go in effect January 1, 2020 and continue through December 31, 2020.
2020 Benefit Highlights
- All health, dental and vision plans and providers are staying the same
- Health and dental rates are increasing
- The emergency room (ER) co-pay will increase to $150 for EPO and PPO plans
- New dependents added to coverage must be verified with
Before Open Enrollment: Prepare
- View our Open Enrollment Checklist
- Sign up for UofL Two-Factor at It is required to log in to ULink.
- Review each section on health, dental, vision, flexible spending and life insurance for 2020 benefit information. Not sure if you should make a change? Check out a few questions to ask yourself.
During Open Enrollment: Take Action!
- Attend an Open Enrollment Benefits Fair for an opportunity to speak directly to benefits staff and our benefit vendors.
Submit your benefit election changes online via ULink by November 6, 2019. Remember: flexible spending accounts do not rollover, and require action if you want one. Other plans will remain the same.
- Complete a new GHN Health Assessment by November 22, 2019 to continue to participate in Get Healthy Now. Visit the Get Healthy Now Open Enrollment webpage for details.
After Open Enrollment: Confirm
- Confirm your elections are correct on your confirmation statement. Approximately 2 weeks after Open Enrollment closes, you will receive a confirmation statement to your UofL email address. Make sure everything looks correct and notify Benefits (email@example.com) of any errors by November 27, 2019.
- Double-check your first paycheck of 2020. Make sure your benefit deductions look correct.
Benefits counselors are available to answer your Open Enrollment questions. Call us at 852-0040.