Benefits Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment is now open and will close November 4, 2020.
- This is your only chance to add, drop or change your benefit elections and dependents, unless you have a qualifying event during the year.
- Open Enrollment is required if you wish to fund a flexible spending account. The elections you make go in effect January 1, 2021 and continue through December 31, 2021.
- UofL and its employees share the total cost of health care — so when costs go up, they go up for both the University and employees. While total health care costs are projected to increase 8.5% in 2021, UofL will absorb the employee portion of the increase. So, employees who stay in the same plan and tier won’t experience any medical contribution increase for the 2021 plan year, which begins January 1, 2021. UofL understands the financial impact of COVID-19 and is hoping this helps provide some needed financial relief for employees.
- All medical contributions and deductibles, vision coverage, life and disability plans and contributions, Get Healthy Now financial incentives and rules/limits for flexible spending accounts are staying the same.
- If you are a retiree, please refer to our Retiree Open Enrollment page to view retiree open enrollment information.
- Medical: The PPO Plan office visit copays will increase by $5 for primary care and specialist visits
- Dental: Your options will become more differentiated. Compared to this year, the Basic Plan will cost less and cover fewer services, while the Enhanced Plan will cost more and cover more services. Details on these changes will be in your enrollment materials and on the Benefits web site
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA): The rollover limit will be reduced from 3x your annual UofL contribution to 1x your annual UofL contribution. Employees with balances above the new limit will be allowed to retain that full balance after January 1, 2021, and have until December 31, 2023 to bring their balance down to the 1x limit
- Prescription drugs: $0 copay for generic maintenance drugs when you use mail order. Specialty drugs will be limited to a 30-day supply
- To view 2021 updates including rates, view the 2021 Benefits Guide
- You can also click here for a quick summary of the 2021 benefit rates
- View our Open Enrollment Checklist
- Sign up for UofL Two-Factor Authentication. It is required to log-in to ULink to enroll
- Review 2021 benefit information for health, dental, vision, flexible spending and life insurance. Not sure if you should make a change? Check out a few questions to ask yourself
Step 1: Go to the HR portal, ULink, at ulink.louisville.edu
Step 2: Click “Faculty” or “Employee” depending on your position at UofL
Step 3:Log in. To access ULink, you will need use the UL2FCTR / DUO authentication (a two-factor authentication) as you log in. If you have not previously done this, visit louisville.edu/its/ul2fctr for more details on how to sign up. For any assistance with the UL2FCTR process, please contact the IT Help Desk at 852-7997
Step 4: Click “Benefits Enrollment”
Step 5: Click "Enroll" to begin enrollment
Step 6: Follow up with dependent verification documentation, if you have selected to have dependents covered. Visit the Dependent Eligibility Verification page for details on what documentation is required. Submit copies to Benefits or the HR office at 1980 Arthur Street. Employees have until March 1, 2021 to provide documentation for new dependents added January 1, 2021
- Attend the Virtual Open Enrollment Benefits Info session for an opportunity to speak directly to benefits staff
- If you are unable to attend a session, click below to watch a recorded session (you will have to sign-in with your UofL userID (not email) and allow third party cookies access in order to view the video)
You can also view the presentation slides here.
Register for our virtual Open Enrollment info session by clicking the dates below:
- Submit your benefit election changes in the enrollment system online via ULink by November 4, 2020. Remember: flexible spending accounts do not rollover and require action if you want one in 2021. Other plans will remain the same
- Complete a new GHN Health Assessment by November 4, 2020 to continue to participate in Get Healthy Now. Visit the Get Healthy Now Enrollment webpage for details
- Confirm your elections are correct on your confirmation statement. Approximately 2 weeks after Open Enrollment closes, you will receive a confirmation statement to your UofL email address. Make sure everything looks correct and notify Benefits of any errors by November 20, 2020
- Double-check your first paycheck of 2021. Make sure your benefit deductions look correct
Benefits counselors are available to answer your Open Enrollment questions, please call (502) 852-0040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to speak with your benefits counselor, click here to view the benefits contact page!
Please also refer to our Benefits Definition page for benefit terminology.