IF YOU ARE IN A LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCY, CALL 911 (if you feel safe doing so)
24/7 Crisis Hotlines
Kentucky Opioid and Assistance Resources (KY-OAR)
- 1 (800) 854-6813
National Domestic Violence Hotline
- 1 (800) 799-7233
Center for Women & Families
- Services for sexual assault crisis or intimate partner violence. Includes specialized services for LGBTQ+ intimate partner abuse.
- 24/7 Crisis Line: 1 (844) 237-2331 (1-844-BE-SAFE-1)
- 24/7 Adult Crisis Line: (502) 589-4313
- 24/7 Child Crisis Line: (502) 589-8070
- 24/7 Addiction Help: (502) 583-3951
Suicide and Crisis Line
- Call 988 or 1-800-273-8255
The Trans Lifeline
- Provides trans peer support and resources to trans community.
- 1 (877) 565-8860
The Trevor Project Lifeline
- Provides 24/7 services for LGBTQ+ youth.
- Text 'Start' to 678-678
- Call 1-866-488-7386
Veterans National Homeless Hotline
- Connects veteran callers to free services in the area.
- 1 (877) 424-3838
The following sites offer resources for various other services (e.g. housing, food, clothing, healthcare, legal services, etc.) offered in the area.
- Call 211
- 24/7 Help
Coalition for the Homeless
- (502) 636-9550
- (502) 588-2008
UofL Counseling Center
- Services offered to UofL students only.
- Open Monday through Friday 9am to 4pm.
- Call or walk-in first come first serve- no appointments.
- (502) 852-6585
UofL Employee Assistance Program
- Services offered to UofL staff and employees only.
- (502) 589-HELP