Therapy Assistance Online (TAO) offers FREE mobile-friendly help for stress, anxiety and depression that fits around your busy life…anytime, anywhere.
UofL STUDENTS, FACULTY, & STAFF CAN SIGN UP TODAY using your louisville.edu address:
If you need extra help, give us a call!*
* UofL Employees should call (502) 589-HELP
for the Employee Assistance Program.
Due to COVID-19 operations restrictions, the Counseling Center has suspended offering in-person services until further notice. Keep in mind that our operations may change if the University’s precautions change.
If you are in crisis or have questions, please call us at 852-6585 M-F between 9am and 4pm for a brief consultation, and we will assign a clinician to speak with you as soon as possible.
- New and ongoing clients are being offered check-ins via phone and telehealth sessions when appropriate and in accordance with state licensure laws.
- For after hours or emergency services
- For self-care, coping, and wellness resources, see our Coping with COVID-19 section
- For information on local agencies offering telehealth services and taking new clients, see our Community Resources section
Our Urgent Consultation hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-4:00pm when the Center is open.
In case of a life-threatening emergency (including thoughts of hurting yourself or someone else), call: 911
University Police (ULPD) (502) 852-6111
Emergency Psychiatry at the University of Louisville Hospital (502) 562-3120
24/7 Adult Crisis Line (502) 589-4313 or 800-221-0446
Suicide Prevention Hotline (800) 273-8255
Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741