The Office of Institutional Effectiveness (IE) supports the University's mission for academic and operational excellence by coordinating ongoing and systematic programmatic and student learning assessments. IE provides services and resources to assist faculty, staff, and administrators in their participation in these data-driven institutional processes and practices. All of these activities are oriented towards using the results to aid in decision-making and improvement of programs and services and increasing student success and institutional quality.
In addition, the Office of Institutional Effectiveness facilitates assessment activities in compliance with Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) Comprehensive Standard 3.3.1 as defined by The Principles of Accreditation
The institution identifies expected outcomes, assesses the extent to which it achieves these outcomes, and provides evidence of improvement based on analysis of the results in each of the following areas:
- 220.127.116.11 educational programs, to include student learning outcomes
- 18.104.22.168 administrative support services
- 22.214.171.124 academic and student support services
- 126.96.36.199 research within its mission, if appropriate
- 188.8.131.52 community/public service within its mission, if appropriate