Honors Teaching Fellow
Undergraduate students interested in research openings in my lab, click here to download a flyer with more information.
- Ph.D. Psychology, The University of Texas at Austin, 2004
- B.S. Psychology, The University of Iowa, 1995
- Infant face perception
- Cognitive, perceptual, and linguistic development in typically developing infants and toddlers
- Cognitive, perceptual, and linguistic development in infants and toddlers with Williams syndrome or other developmental disorders
* denotes student author
- Cashon, C. H. & *Holt, N. A. (2015). Developmental origins of the face inversion effect. In J. B. Benson (Ed.), Advances in Child Development and Behavior, Vol. 48 (117-150). Burlington: Academic Press.
- Cashon, C. H., *Ha, O., *Allen, C. L., & *Barna, A. C. (2013). A U-shaped relation between sitting ability and upright face processing in infants. Child Development, 84, 802-809. doi: 10.1111/cdev.12024
- Cashon, C. H., *Ha, O., *DeNicola, C. A., & Mervis, C. B. (2013). Toddlers with Williams syndrome process upright but not inverted faces holistically. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 1-9. doi: 10.1007/s10803-013-1804-0
- *DeNicola, C., *Holt, N., *Jacobs, A., & Cashon, C. H. (2013). Attention-orienting and attention-holding effects of faces on 4- to 8-month-old infants. International Journal of Behavioral Development, 37, 143-147. doi: 10.1177/016502541247475
- Cashon, C. H. & *DeNicola, C. A. (2011). Is perceptual narrowing too narrow? Journal of Cognition and Development, 12, 159-162. doi: 10.1080/15248372.2011.563483
- Cashon, C. H. (2011). Development of specialized face perception in infants: An information-processing approach. In L. M. Oakes, C. H. Cashon, M. Casasola, & D. H. Rakison (Eds.), Infant perception and cognition: Recent advances, emerging theories, and future directions. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Oakes, L. M., Cashon, C. H., Casasola, M., & Rakison, D. H (Eds.). (2011). Infant Perception and Cognition: Recent advances, emerging theories, and future directions. New York: Oxford University Press.
- *Ferguson, K., *Kulkofsky, S., Cashon, C., & Casasola, M. (2009). The development of specialized processing of own-race faces. Infancy.
- Cohen, L. B., & Cashon, C. H. (2006). Infant Cognition. In W. Damon & R. M. Lerner (Series Eds.) & D. Kuhn & R. S. Siegler (Vol. Eds.), Handbook of child psychology: Vol. 2. Cognition, Perception, and Language (6th ed., pp. 214-251). New York: Wiley.
- Cashon, C. H., & Cohen, L. B. (2004). Beyond U-shaped development in infants’ processing of faces. Journal of Cognition and Development (special issue on U-shaped development), 5, 59-80.
- Cashon, C. H., & Cohen, L. B. (2003). The construction, deconstruction, and reconstruction of infant face perception. In A. Slater and O. Pascalis (Eds.), The development of face processing in infancy and early childhood (pp. 55-68). New York, NOVA Science Publishers,
- Cohen, L. B., & Cashon, C. H. (2003). Infant perception and cognition. In I. B. Weiner (Series Ed.) & R. M. Lerner, M. A. Easterbrooks, & J. Mistry, (Vol. Ed.), Handbook of Psychology: Vol. 6. Developmental Psychology (pp. 65-89). New York: Wiley.
- Cashon, C. H., & Cohen, L. B. (2000). Eight-month-old infants' perception of possible and impossible events. Infancy, 1, 429-446.
Courses Often Taught
Thank you for nominating me for the Faculty Favorite 2011-12 award!
- PSYC 414/HON 446/HON 456: Myths about Child Development-WR
- PSYC 435: Seminar in Infancy-WR
- PSYC 610: Advanced Statistics I
- PSYC 609: Topical Seminar in Psychology (topic varies)
- PSYC 661: Advanced Developmental Psychology