Education and Health & Sport Sciences
The Education and Health & Sport Sciences LLC affords students the opportunity to explore skills related to their major as well as understand, collaborate with, and support their local community. This residential community provides any undergraduate major housed in the College of Education and Human Development the opportunity to explore skills related to their field as well as understand, collaborate with, and support their peers and the Louisville community. Participants of this LLC will live on the same floor, take classes together based on major, and receive specialized programming focusing on academic and social integration.
For any additional questions related to the Education & Health and Sport Sciences LLC, please contact Catherine Thompson, Academic Counselor, Sr. for Health & Sport Sciences, at email@example.com, Charles Rains, Academic Counselor, Sr. for Middle and Secondary Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Justin Crenshaw, Academic Counselor for Early Elementary Education, at email@example.com. Click here to meet more #TeamCEHD faculty.
This LLC is housed in Unitas Tower.
- Academic and social transition assistance from high school to the University of Louisville
- Opportunities to meet with CEHD faculty and professional advisors outside of the classroom and advising appointments
- In-hall tutoring to help with major classes and preparation for admission to your major
- Live with and take the same sections of courses with peers
- Exposure to related community service experiences
- Programs and information to encourage your success
- Priority Academic Advising
Who can apply?
- Any incoming first-year student majoring in a CEHD undergraduate program
- Sport Administration
- Health and Human Performance (concentrations in Exercise Science, Health and Physical Education, and Youth Sport Development)
- Early Elementary Education
- Middle/Secondary Education
Sport Administration and Health & Human Performance Majors
Fall: HSS 181 – Academic Orientation for HSS Majors
HSS 184 – Healthy Lifestyles I
Spring: HSS 293 – Social and Psychological Dimensions of Physical Activity
Elementary and Middle/Secondary Education Majors
Fall: EDTP 101 – Academic Orientation
Spring: EDTP 201 – The Teaching Profession