Belknap Residence Hall
The first of two new state-of-the-art residence halls, Belknap Residence Hall will open for first-year students in Fall 2021. Belknap Residence Hall (not yet officially named) will find its home on the site of the parking lot located adjacent to Miller Hall, next to the Red Barn. Its construction will mark a large milestone in our ongoing campus development.
We love keeping up with our new hall progress, and we want you to join in the excitement, too! Here are a few ways you can stay updated:
- Visit our YouTube channel to take a virtual tour of the exterior and interior
- Check out our live stream and time lapse series
Located in the Heart of Campus
As visitors enter campus and approach North Information Center, they will be greeted from a short distance by Belknap Residence Hall. Alumnae, as well, will catch a glimpse of this modern campus addition on their commute to the University Club. Like all residents of our traditional halls, Belknap Residence Hall residents will find themselves immersed in the heart of campus. Located directly adjacent to the Student Activities Center (SAC) and popular social venue the Red Barn, Belknap Residence Hall will place first-year students within a two-minute walking distance of restaurants, cafes such as Starbucks, a campus movie theater, the university bookstore, and several classes as well as offices.
Designed by Students for Students
Designed largely by students for students, our Student Government Association and Residence Hall Association have been instrumental in the design and style of Belknap Residence Hall. The new hall will be adjoined by our university's new Cultural and Equity Center, which will be accessible to all students via the exterior of the building.
Divided by wing, each floor of this 452-bed residence hall will feature the following:
- traditional-style double-occupancy rooms with modern flooring
- traditional-style single-occupancy rooms with modern flooring
- Beds are not loftable; however, each bed contains two storage units underneath which may be removed to another location in the room.
- a laundry facility
- a bathroom hallway populated by multiple private bathroom units, fifty percent of which will be wheelchair-accessible
- private study rooms
- common social areas
- Microfridge, loft, and safe rentals as well as futon purchases available here.
- gender-inclusive housing
- 24/7 front desk services
Other hall amenities include the following:
- classroom and private study rooms on the ground floor
- a game room with kitchen on the ground floor
- common social areas
- elevators with elevator lounges on each floor
- Residential support, security, and limited key access