Fall 2023 Housing Application
Applying for Housing is a Two-Step Process
1. Completing the Housing Application
The first step in applying for housing for Fall 2023-Spring 2024 is selecting the red "Apply for Housing" button on our homepage when the application launches on November 1, 2022.
You will be able to accomplish several tasks as part of the housing application, and here are just a few:
- If you are new to University Housing, you will be able to create a Housing Profile. You will be able to specify both your personal email and university email addresses. Please ensure that these emails are up-to-date and free of typos, as all application-related confirmation emails such as confirmation of submission and payment as well as a copy of any electronically signed forms such as the license agreement will be sent to the emails you specify. Emails related to re-setting your password will always be sent to the email you indicate as your personal email.
- Review our Cancellation Policy, First-Year Live-On Policy, Second-Year Residential Requirement, and other policies here in University Housing. Prior to signing each policy, we highly encourage you to read over them thoroughly and reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
- Complete the non-refundable, one-time application payment if this is your first time completing a housing application with us.
- Obtain a co-signature from a parent or legal guardian if you are under the age of 18 at the time of completing the application. In this case, an email containing a co-signature link will be sent to the email address listed as your "Parent/Legal Guardian Email Address" on your Housing Profile, so be sure to provide a working and accessible email.
Be sure to review our other resources for the Fall 23 Housing Application:
- "How-To" Videos
- Application Tutorial
- Roommate Group Instructions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Fall 23 Application and Room Selection Timeline
2. Participating in Room Selection
After you have applied for housing, we encourage you to check out each of our "Hall Snapshots" to learn about room types, amenities, and communities in each hall. Take a virtual tour on each hall page, or schedule an on-campus tour.
Room Selection will take place in Spring 2023, and your room selection date/time will depend on how soon you submit the Housing Application.
Learn more and watch a video on our room selection resource page!
Returning residents who select on the Housing Application that they want to stay in the same room (a process referred to as “Room Retention”) will be notified regarding whether or not their space is available for room retention. Please be aware that not all bed spaces are available for room retention. The deadline for selecting that you would like to participate in Room Retention to keep your same space will be announced in advance to your UofL email account.
- If your space is not available, you should plan on participating in returner room selection.
As noted in your housing agreement, the institution is not liable for damages or loss that occur to the personal property of students. Examples include losses resulting from fires, smoke, burst pipes, theft, vandalism, sprinkler head discharges and more. In these scenarios, campus residents are financially responsible for replacing their own personal belongings, if they do not have adequate insurance coverage.
GradGuard College Renter’s Insurance is a smart investment for college students and their families. With the GradGuard College Renter’s Insurance plan, personal items that are stolen or damaged by a covered cause of loss can be replaced, subject to a $100 deductible. GradGuard Renters Insurance also protects students financially from large scale, unintentional damage they may cause to their residence hall due to fire, sprinkler discharges, and more.Features of GradGuard College Renters Insurance for students include:
- Theft and Fire Protection: For your laptop, bicycle, cell phone, etc.
- No Credit Checks, a low ($100) deductible, and no penalties for filing claims.
- Worldwide Coverage: Your belongings can be covered anywhere in the world.
- Liability Protection: Coverage if you accidentally damage your place of residence due a fire or flood.
- Replacement Cost Endorsement: If your old property is stolen, you can be covered for a similar version.
- Preferred Rates and more!
GradGuard Renters Insurance is underwritten by Markel American Insurance Company, Waukesha, WI. The advertised product is not available in AK and RI. Other program options are available for these states. Claims and coverage subject to policy, language, limits and exclusions.
University Housing and the Resident Experience is open to all eligible students regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age.