Fall 2022 Housing Application
Applying for Housing is a Two-Step Process
1. Completing the Housing Application
The first step in applying for housing for Fall 2022-Spring 2023 is selecting the red "Apply for Housing" button on our homepage when the application launches on November 1, 2021.
You will be able to accomplish several tasks as part of the housing application, and here are just a few:
- If you are new to Campus Housing, you will be able to create a Housing Profile. You will be able to specify both your personal email and university email addresses. Please ensure that these emails are up-to-date and free of typos, as all application-related confirmation emails such as confirmation of submission and payment as well as a copy of any electronically signed forms such as the license agreement will be sent to the emails you specify. Emails related to re-setting your password will always be sent to the email you indicate as your personal email.
- Review our Cancellation Policy, First-Year Live-On Policy, Second-Year Residential Requirement, and other policies here in Campus Housing. Prior to signing each policy, we highly encourage you to read over them thoroughly and reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions you may have.
- Complete the non-refundable, one-time application payment if this is your first time completing a housing application with us.
- Obtain a co-signature from a parent or legal guardian if you are under the age of 18 at the time of completing the application. In this case, an email containing a co-signature link will be sent to the email address listed as your "Parent/Legal Guardian Email Address" on your Housing Profile, so be sure to provide a working and accessible email.
2. Participating in Room Selection
After you have applied for housing, we encourage you to check out each of our "Hall Snapshots" to learn about room types, amenities, and communities in each hall. Take a virtual tour on each hall page, or schedule an on-campus tour.
Room Selection will take place in Spring 2022, and your room selection date/time will depend on how soon you submit the Housing Application. The earlier you apply for housing, the sooner you will be able to select your hall and room during the room selection period designated for first-year students.
Learn more and watch a video on our room selection resource page!
Returning residents who select on the Housing Application that they want to stay in the same room (a process referred to as “Room Retention”) will be notified regarding whether or not their space is available for room retention. Please be aware that not all bed spaces are available for room retention. The deadline for selecting that you would like to participate in Room Retention to keep your same space will be announced in advance to your UofL email account.
- If your space is not available, you should plan on participating in returner room selection.