Oct 16, 2019
from 01:30 PM to 03:00 PM
|Where||Belknap Academic Building Room 206|
|Add event to calendar||
The Signature Partnership Initiative will engage faculty and students in multi-disciplinary academic, research and service activities designed to reduce social and human disparities in the areas of Education, Health, Economic Development, and Human and Social Services. The university will work with and engage community partners to enhance existing programs and create new programs designed to address specific disparities in West Louisville.
The Dean of each academic unit will appoint one faculty member to serve as that unit's liaison to the Signature Partnership Initiative.
- Ideally, the liaison should be a faculty member who is engaged or willing to become engaged in university/community partnerships.
- The liaison will serve as a "champion" of the Signature Partnership Initiative in his/her respective academic unit and work with faculty colleagues to identify, develop, and promote university/community partnership opportunities for their academic unit.
- The liaison will work with faculty liaisons from other academic units to identify, develop, and promote interdisciplinary (inter-unit) university/community partnership opportunities.
- The liaison will work with other faculty to develop a competitive process for selecting signature partnership projects.
- The liaisons facilitate the selection of recipients for the Community Engagement Faculty Incentive Grants