Project Graduate FAQs

What are the criteria for Project Graduate?

  • You must be an adult student (25+ years)
  • You must have been out of school for at least 2 years
  • You must have at least 80+ transferable credit hours
  • You must be admissible to an undergraduate degree program (not Continuing Studies, Post-baccalaureate, College Visitor, etc.)

    I have 80+ credit hours, but some of them are from a community college. Do they count?

    • Yes, though most academic programs accept a maximum of 60 hours of community college work.

    Do I have to complete the same degree I started?

    • No, UofL offers many degrees that may fit your goals and experience better than your initial degree choice. That being said, keep in mind that you will want to see how your previous coursework applies to your new degree path. Organizational Leadership and Learning in the College of Education & Human Development is very popular with our Project Graduate students and tends to be the fastest route to degree.

    I haven’t been in school for 30 years. Can I still come back?

    • Yes, Project Graduate students can return at any age. A university recently graduated a 70-year-old man through Project Graduate.

    Are online classes available?

    • Yes, UofL offers a wide variety of online classes, as well as completely online degrees. Visit Online Learning for more information about our online programs.

    Can I test out of classes?

    • Yes, UofL allows credit by exam policies for CLEP, English, Foreign Language, and CIS250. Visit Testing Services for more information.

    Is a Project Graduate degree any less than a normal degree?

    • Project Graduate is not a degree, but rather a program that assists students interested in pursuing any UofL undergraduate degree.

    How do I apply?

    • First, complete the Project Graduate Learner Profile so that we can learn more about your previous educational experience. The Project Graduate Advisor will reach out to you to discuss your next steps forward. If you need assistance, please feel free to call us at 502-852-0166 or email .

    Can I still apply for financial aid?

    • Many Project Graduate students still receive financial aid and some scholarships. Visit our page for more information on scholarships for transfer and adult students. We would also encourage you to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as well, making sure to enter UofL's school code 001999.

    Does UofL offer any options for childcare?

    • The Early Learning Campus (ELC) is an early child development center for children of UofL faculty, staff and students, and residents of the Louisville Scholar House. Please reach out to them for more information about the ELC and local childcare options.