Evolve502 is a community-focused organization in Louisville that invests in educational opportunities for our city’s youth by giving scholarships to prepare students for college. Eligible JCPS graduates who earn an associate's degree from a KCTCS school or Simmons College of Kentucky have the opportunity to continue their education at the University of Louisville tuition-free.*
The Evolve502 Scholarship is a last-dollar scholarship program that covers a student’s college tuition after federal and state aid has been applied.
- Students must be admitted to the university in a degree-seeking program
- Students must be Pell and KEES eligible
- Students must have earned an associate's degree**
- Can be combined with the KCTCS Scholarship
- Full-time enrollment is required for scholarship disbursement
- No scholarship application required
The University of Louisville will continue to award the Evolve502 Scholarship each fall and spring semester for six (6) semesters to complete a bachelor's degree. To remain eligible, the student should:
- be enrolled full time each semester to receive the award.
- maintain continuous attendance*** (does not include summers)
- file a FAFSA each year
- Must meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy
^The Evolve502 Scholarship is only awarded for fall and spring semesters, not summer.
*The Evolve502 Scholarship will apply to a student's tuition only and is applied as a last dollar scholarship after all federal, state and institutional aid.
**If a student has not completed an associate's degree, the student must have a minimum of 50 earned credit hours. A petition form is available to request early transfer.
***If a student cannot maintain continuous attendance OR need an extra semester to complete their degree, a petition form is available.