UofL has partnered with KCTCS and Ivy Tech to assist students with the obtainment of an associate degree after transfer.
If you began your education with any of our partner institutions before transferring, you may have earned enough credit hours to get an associate degree.
There are many benefits for students who earn their associate degree through reverse transfer!
- An associate degree provides students with a recognized and meaningful credential that can increase their potential for getting a job and for earning a raise. Studies show that completing an associate degree yield, on average, approximately $4,600 to $7,200 per year in extra earnings compared to entering college but not completing a degree.
- In addition,research shows some states show an increase of 5-18 percent in bachelor's degrees at the state level, indicating that a student who gets a degree because of reverse transfer is more likely to stay and complete his/her bachelor’s degree.
Associate degrees can be awarded after:
- Earning at least 15 credit hours at either a KCTCS or Ivy Tech institution.
- Earning 80 credit hours total between UofL and either KCTCS/Ivy Tech.
- Earning your general education credits.
- Maintaining a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Adhere to all policies and guidelines related to student admissions and transfer at both UofL and KCTCS/Ivy Tech.
There is nothing that you need to do to initiate the process for applying for a Reverse Degree at this time.
Transfer Services will contact all eligible students twice a year, September 1st (for fall eligibility) and February 1st (for spring eligibility). Eligible students will receive an email in their UofL email account with detailed instructions and next steps.
If you have any questions, not related to eligibility, prior to September and/or February 1st please feel free to contact our office at email@example.com or call 502.852.0166.