Did you transfer to UofL from JCTC? Are you in your junior or senior year, and did you earn at least 15 credit hours at JCTC? If so, you may have already earned your Associate degree in Arts or Science.
If you began your education at JCTC before transferring to UofL, or swirled, you may have earned enough credit hours to get an Associate degree without realizing. Associate degrees can be awarded after:
- Earning at least 15 credit hours at JCTC.
- Earning 70 credit hours total between JCTC and UofL.
- Earning your general education credits.
- Maintaining a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Quick Facts about obtaining an a reverse associate degree:
- An associate degree means completion of all general education requirements, including the two cultural diversity courses required for graduation from UofL.
- Data from the Kentucky Transfer Feedback Report (2010) indicated that 61.9% of students who had transferred with an associate degree graduated within four years of transfer.
- UofL and JCTC have awarded over 400 students over 500 reverse degrees (some students were eligible for multiple degrees) since fall 2013.
- 93% of student who participate in the reverse degree initiative have been retained and are persisting to graduation.
- 47% of participants have graduated with a bachelor's degree
There is nothing that you need to do to initiate the process for applying for a Reverse Degree at this time. Transfer Services will contact all eligible students twice a year, September 1st (for fall eligibility) and February 1st (for spring eligibility). Eligible students will receive an email in their Cardmail account with detailed instructions and next steps. If you have any questions, not related to eligibility, prior to September and/or February 1st please feel free to contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 502.852.0166.