Students who previously attended UofL two or more years ago.


To reapply, first complete the Application for Undergraduate Admission listed in Step 1. If you were academically suspended/dismissed from UofL, you must also submit an admissions petition.

Transcripts (if required)

If it has been several years since you last attended and you initially transferred in, UofL may ask for your transcripts again. You can check with our office first to see if we still have them on file; if we no longer have them, you will need to request official electronic transcripts from all previously attended schools be sent to our service account If the school does not send transcripts electronically, please mail to: Office of Admissions, Dept. AO, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292.

    • Once readmitted, make sure to access ULink to determine if there are holds to be removed on your account before you can register for classes. If you have any questions about these holds, please contact our office at 502-852-0166 or .
        • For any technical issues, contact our IT Helpdesk at 502-852-7997.

Academic bankruptcy or Fresh start

These policies are only applicable for students returning to UofL who have previous semesters of poor academic performance and would like adjust their record. Academic Bankruptcy/Fresh Start policies allow students who are returning to college after an absence of two or more years to request the adjustment of their records for one or more entire semesters of previous college work, provided certain criteria are met. Students considering this option are strongly encouraged to consult with their academic advisor for guidance. 

Degree audit/Program plan

A degree audit includes your degree plan, requirements, current applicable credits, and provides an estimated timeline to graduation. You can contact your academic advisor or our office regarding audit requests.