Building Your Employees’ Potential
As loyal employees stay with an organization for years, their effectiveness starts to stagnate. Without giving existing employees new roles, providing feedback, developing more responsibilities, or training for new skills, organizations are leaving potential resources untapped. By creating a development plan and having a conversation with the employee about her or his direction in the organization, employers can greatly improve morale, productivity, and job-satisfaction.
In this course, you will learn to effectively develop the skills of current employees, including how to let employees define their own outcomes, using assessments to advance goals, various forms of job enrichment training, and the components of an individual development plan. As a result, you will be better able to guide employees through the development process, crafting their path in a way that benefits you and increases their engagement in the organization.
You will increase your ability to:
- Recognize the difference between performance management and development coaching
- Implement a strengths-based approach to employee development
- Provide employees with the tools to assess their strengths and development needs.
- Identify a variety of paths to employee development.
- Create an effective individual employee development plan
- This program is valid for 6.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM
$430 (includes instruction, seminar manual, refreshments, certificate of completion and parking)
All dates meet from 8:30 a.m.—4:30 p.m.
06/06/19Thursday - #197MBA
Notify MeSign up to be notified about future sessions of this and similar seminars.
This Workshop is Ideal For:
This program is appropriate for managers and supervisors who would like to conduct more positive and productive development conversations with their employees and acquire the skills they need to help their employees grow in their abilities.