Must be an employee of University of Louisville, University of Louisville Athletic Association, or the University of Louisville Research Foundation. Temporary employees are not eligible to receive a ProCard. The cardholder can be the funding reviewer on their account, but never the approver.
- Monitor the ProCard web site for any changes to the program's policies and procedures.
- Refer to the ProCard-Card Security/Possession page for details on card security and the process for allowing other employees to utilize the ProCard
Complete the Monthly Activity Report (MAR) monthly in OnBase. This process is mandatory.
OnBase will retain electronically filed receipts and monthly activity report (MAR) for the current fiscal year plus 3 prior years. (Refer to the Controller's Office Retention of Records Policy for the archival period associated with grants and contracts.)
Verify all transactions on the MAR. Any charges that need to be disputed must be reported to PNC and the ProCard Office within 60 days of the transaction date.
- Complete the ProCard Receipt Form when no receipt is available.
Related information for Missing Receipt: When an original, itemized receipt is lost or otherwise unavailable and all measures to obtain a copy have been exhausted, the ProCard Receipt Form should be completed. It must be signed by the cardholder/responsible party and his/her supervisor. This form should be retained with all other receipts, bank statements, and the transaction summary log in the monthly ProCard reconciliation file. The ProCard Receipt Form should be used on rare occasions and may not be used on a routine basis. Excessive use of the ProCard Receipt Form may result in the revocation of your ProCard.
- Ensure receipt of materials and services. Contact the vendor to resolve any delivery problems, discrepancies and damaged goods claims.
Cardholder Verification - Bank Statements and Monthly Activity Report (MAR)
Each cardholder will receive a detailed statement from PNC Bank for each card that had transaction activity during the billing cycle. (A statement will not be generated for a card with no activity.) This statement will list the transactions that PNC Bank has transmitted to the University for the month and should match your records. A verification of the PNC statement to actual charges should be performed by the 15th of the following month. In more detail:
- Throughout the monthly billing cycle, the cardholder must record transaction activity, including the business purpose and receipt, on the onbase form as purchases are made. This includes any item(s) returned and any credits issued.
- Transactions occurring after the 21st of the month will not appear on your statement. These items should be carried forward to the next month.
- Reconcile all monthly ProCard documentation consisting of the PNC bank statement, MAR, and itemized receipts. This review must be completed by the 15th of the month following the end of the billing cycle.
Electronically sign and date the Monthly Activity Report (MAR) in OnBase confirming: (1) a reconciliation was performed, and (2) all purchases are legitimate business expenses and the appropriate documentation is on file for each transaction.
If the cardholder is not executing his/her responsibilities as stated and required in the policy and procedures, it could lead to audit findings. The severity of these findings could lead to revoking the use of the ProCard.
*Please Note: A cardholder can assign a “Proxy”. This role has the ability to upload receipts/backup documentation and enter in a business purpose in OnBase. The proxy must complete the ProCard Policies/Procedures Test with a score of 100% before he/she can be added to a card. The cardholder can be the funding reviewer on their account, but never the approver.
Instructions for OnBase ProCard Reallocation process can be found here.