Global Village Themed Community
Tomorrow’s leaders must operate in a global context. In the Global Village TC, undergraduate students from around the world can live together while exploring global topics. In partnership with the Office of International Student and Scholar Services as well as the Office of Study Abroad and International Travel, the Global Village TC empowers its diverse residents to shape its identity and the global perspectives that they want to explore. In return, the residents, regardless of background experiences develop global perspectives from each other. The Global Village welcomes any student who is interested in an interdisciplinary, integrated learning experience that holistically equips students to thrive as ethical, engaged, and responsible world citizens and scholars. Living and learning together, residents of the Global Village aim to expand their worldview, hone their intercultural skills, and build relationships within a multicultural, multinational, and multidisciplinary community. It is a global world and these skills will allow a student to build cross-cultural leadership, professional, business and entrepreneurship skills, preparing you to thrive in a global community.
Learn about the International Center.
Location: Bettie Johnson Hall
- Understanding complex global issues and perspectives.
- Build global competencies and improve professional skills and knowledge.
- Develop your interdisciplinary teamwork skills.
- Form global networks with alumnus who work in a global context, international students, study abroad alumnus, and faculty who foster global research.
- Focus your career path while working with program staff to map an experience-based plan for success.
- Opportunities to have mentor/mentee programming with fellow global students.
- Increased opportunities to promote cultural sharing and make life-long globe-trotting friends and to expand worldviews, hone intercultural skills, and build relationships within a multicultural, multinational, and multidisciplinary community.
- Increased understanding of, and engagement in, global issues, values, and its importance.
- Increased opportunities to gain an interdisciplinary, integrated learning experience that holistically equips students to become ethical, engaged, and responsible world citizens.
The Global Village will have weekly programming led by Graduate Student Coordinators and a team of advisors. The Global Village is fueled by you — your involvement in the Global Village will continue to shape its future! As such, we ask that you share your experiences and attend weekly activities and events. These could include dinners, lectures, presentations about on and off-campus experiences, and many more. Related courses are not required, but we encourage you to get involved.
Who can apply?
Any undergraduate student interested in a global footprint. Undergraduate students that want an opportunity to make the Global Village their home throughout their academic career, enabling them to take full advantage of the opportunities it affords to explore complex international issues and engage in on and off campus experiences, language and cultural exchange, interaction with faculty and staff, and focused cultural reflection.