Roommate Agreement Form Instructions
UofL Campus Housing offers an opportunity for residents to learn how to discuss their living arrangements and communicate with each other more about their differences.
As many of our residents get to experience the dynamics of living with other students within our residence halls, we believe the Roommate Agreement Form will be a tool to help residents discuss important details regarding comfortability, shared spaces, and considerations for their fellow roommates and/or suitemates.
This Roommate Agreement Form is not mandatory for residents to complete in order to live within our residence halls, but we encourage students to discuss important details in advance with their roommates/suitemates prior to settling into the semester. We hope that the categories listed within the Roommate Agreement Form will be a starting point for residents to practice listening and communication skills that will help them live together and navigate the world successfully.
Residents may be referred to complete the Roommate Agreement Form to help alleviate roommate conflicts or other concerns.
The Roommate Agreement Form is available in the Housing Portal on our homepage.
Follow these steps to complete the Roommate Agreement Form:
Step 1: Accessing the Form
- Log into the Housing Portal on our homepage
- Navigate to "Requests" on the left-hand menu.
- On the following page, select "Roommate Agreement Form."
Step 2: Completing the Form
- After selecting the "Roommate Agreement Form" icon, you will be able to download the fillable PDF version of the form.
- Complete the Roommate Agreement Form with your roommate(s)/suitemate(s)
- Email the completed form to your roommate(s)/suitemate(s).
Step 3: Uploading the Form
- Once you and your roommate(s)/suitemate(s) have the completed Roommate Agreement Form, save the form and upload it onto your Housing Portal Account under “Roommate Agreement Form.”
- Your roommate(s) and suitemate(s) will need to upload their copy to their individual Housing Portal Accounts, as well, so everyone has the same version.
- And, that’s it! You’ve successfully completed the Roommate Agreement Form.
- You may refer back to it together if any details or information changes within your Roommate Agreement Form
For any concerns or questions about the Roommate Agreement Form, please contact your Hall Director.