Payment Request Guidelines

In order for a payment request to be submitted on behalf of an individual/company, they must be setup in our system and assigned an active Supplier Name and Supplier ID. For more information, please visit our FAQs

  • If you need to onboard a Supplier, please login here with ULink userID/password; entering Supplier name and Supplier email address, so they can complete the onboarding registration process. 
  • Supplier will receive automated email with specific Registration ID and once Accounts Payable has officially approved, they will receive a second email with their Supplier ID and Supplier name, which department will use for processing any payments.  

Backup - all requests must include a Name and Remit Address



Expenditures Authorization policy - please note, Request for Disbursement = Payment Request

Invoice Naming

Suggested Transaction Types

Suggested Payment Request transactions:

Where a Purchase Order would not provide any value to the transaction. A Payment Request must be documented by an invoice, statements, and/or receipts:

  • Accreditation Fees
  • Airline tickets for Groups (Not purchased through Anthony Travel)
  • Awards (May require that the individual be paid through the Payroll Department or through Financial Aid.)
  • Copyright
  • Donations
  • Dues
  • Entertainment/PerformersReimbursement of entertainment expenses must include documentation of who, what, when and where. This is an IRS requirement.
  • Freight/Shipping/Handling (If not on original PO or relating to closed PO)
  • Guest Speakers
  • Honorariums
  • License Permit Fees
  • Medical Exam Fees
  • Medical Service Payments
  • Payment to Game Officials (May require that the individual be paid through the Payroll Department or through Financial Aid.)
  • Proctoring/Note Taking (May require that the individual be paid through the Payroll Department or through Financial Aid.)
  • Property Lease/Rental Payments
  • Refunds
  • Registrations (Requires use of UofL procard or UofL Travel Card, payment request - if supplier does not accept credit cards; employee reimbursement is not allowed.)
  • Reimbursements to Non-Employees
  • Renewals
  • Royalties
  • Shared Revenue
  • Stipends (May require that the individual be paid through the Payroll Department or through Financial Aid.)
  • Subscriptions
  • Subsidies/Sponsorships
  • Tuition Payments (to other schools)
  • Utilities (water, electric, gas, telephone [excluding cellular and pagers],and cable)

This list in not all-inclusive. Some requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis, please contact .

List of all Procurement Commodity and Vendor Contracts that must be submitted through the procurement process.

Payment Request Invoice Naming examples:

(invoice info should be all lowercase):

    • Application Fees: appfeelastnamefirstnameMMDDYY
    • Award: awardMMDDYY
    • Donation: donation(personname)MMDDYY
    • Dues: dueslastnamefirstnameMMDDYY
    • Honorarioum/Guest Speaker: servMMDDYY
    • License: liclastnamefirstnameMMDDYY
    • Medical Research Study: mrsMMDDYY
    • Petty Cash: pcMMDDYY
    • Refund for Companies: rfd(deptname)or(studentID)MMDDYY
    • Registrations: reglastnamefirstnameMMDDYY
    • Reimbursement: reimMMDDYY
    • Rent: rentMMDDYY
    • Research Study: rsMMDDYY
    • Royalty: royaltyMMDDYY
    • Sponsorship: sponsorshipMMDDYY
    • Subscription: subslastnamefirstnameMMDDYY

The Office of Finance and Administration serves all eligible faculty, staff, and students regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age.

Budget & Financial Planning

Grawemeyer Hall
Rm LL14
Louisville, KY 40292

Phone: 502-852-6503
Houchens Building
Suite 101
Louisville, KY 40292

Phone: 502-852-6164
Service Complex
2nd Floor
Louisville, KY 40292
Accounts Payable & Travel

Service Complex
2nd Floor, Rm 212
Louisville, KY 40292
Payroll Services

Phone: 502-852-2978
Service Complex
2nd Floor, Rm 223
Louisville, KY 40292


Grawemeyer Hall
Louisville, KY 40292