Payment Request Guidelines
In order for a payment request to be submitted on behalf of an individual/company, they must be setup in our system and assigned an active Supplier Name and Supplier ID. For more information, please visit our FAQs.
- If you need to onboard a Supplier, please login here with ULink userID/password; entering Supplier name and Supplier email address, so they can complete the onboarding registration process.
- Supplier will receive automated email with specific Registration ID and once Accounts Payable has officially approved, they will receive a second email with their Supplier ID and Supplier name, which department will use for processing any payments.
Backup - all requests must include a Name and Remit Address
Expenditures Authorization policy - please note, Request for Disbursement = Payment Request
Where a Purchase Order would not provide any value to the transaction. A Payment Request must be documented by an invoice, statements, and/or receipts:
- Accreditation Fees
- Airline tickets for Groups (Not purchased through Anthony Travel)
- Awards (May require that the individual be paid through the Payroll Department or through Financial Aid.)
- Entertainment/Performers: Reimbursement of entertainment expenses must include documentation of who, what, when and where. This is an IRS requirement.
- Freight/Shipping/Handling (If not on original PO or relating to closed PO)
- Guest Speakers
- License Permit Fees
- Medical Exam Fees
- Medical Service Payments
- Payment to Game Officials (May require that the individual be paid through the Payroll Department or through Financial Aid.)
- Proctoring/Note Taking (May require that the individual be paid through the Payroll Department or through Financial Aid.)
- Property Lease/Rental Payments
- Registrations (Requires use of UofL procard or UofL Travel Card, payment request - if supplier does not accept credit cards; employee reimbursement is not allowed.)
- Reimbursements to Non-Employees
- Shared Revenue
- Stipends (May require that the individual be paid through the Payroll Department or through Financial Aid.)
- Tuition Payments (to other schools)
- Utilities (water, electric, gas, telephone [excluding cellular and pagers],and cable)
This list in not all-inclusive. Some requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis, please contact Accounts Payable.
List of all Procurement Commodity and Vendor Contracts that must be submitted through the procurement process.
(invoice info should be all lowercase):
- Application Fees: appfeelastnamefirstnameMMDDYY
- Award: awardMMDDYY
- Donation: donation(personname)MMDDYY
- Dues: dueslastnamefirstnameMMDDYY
- Honorarioum/Guest Speaker: servMMDDYY
- License: liclastnamefirstnameMMDDYY
- Medical Research Study: mrsMMDDYY
- Petty Cash: pcMMDDYY
- Refund for Companies: rfd(deptname)or(studentID)MMDDYY
- Registrations: reglastnamefirstnameMMDDYY
- Reimbursement: reimMMDDYY
- Rent: rentMMDDYY
- Research Study: rsMMDDYY
- Royalty: royaltyMMDDYY
- Sponsorship: sponsorshipMMDDYY
- Subscription: subslastnamefirstnameMMDDYY