Payment Request Guidelines
In order for a payment request to be submitted on behalf of an individual/company, they must be setup in our system and assigned an active Supplier Name and Supplier ID. For more information, please visit our FAQs.
- If you need to onboard a Supplier, please login here with ULink userID/password; entering Supplier name and Supplier email address, so they can complete the onboarding registration process.
- Supplier will receive automated email with specific Registration ID and once Accounts Payable has officially approved, they will receive a second email with their Supplier ID and Supplier name, which department will use for processing any payments.
Payment Request Backup (all requests must include a Name and Remit Address)
Expenditures Authorization policy (please note, Request for Disbursement = Payment Request)
Invoice Naming Convention Examples:
- Application Fees: appfeelastnamefirstnameMMDDYY
- Award: awardMMDDYY
- Donation: donation(personname)MMDDYY
- Dues: dueslastnamefirstnameMMDDYY
- Honorarioum/Guest Speaker: servMMDDYY
- License: liclastnamefirstnameMMDDYY
- Medical Research Study: mrsMMDDYY
- Petty Cash: pcMMDDYY
- Refund for Companies: rfd(deptname)or(studentID)MMDDYY
- Registrations: reglastnamefirstnameMMDDYY
- Reimbursement: reimMMDDYY
- Rent: rentMMDDYY
- Research Study: rsMMDDYY
- Royalty: royaltyMMDDYY
- Sponsorship: sponsorshipMMDDYY
- Subscription: subslastnamefirstnameMMDDYY
The Payment Request Module should be used for the following types of transactions, where a Purchase Order would not provide any value to the transaction:
- Accreditation Fees
- Airline tickets for Groups (Not purchased through Anthony Travel)
- Airline tickets for Individuals (With prior approval from the Office of the Controller)
- Awards (May require that the individual be paid through the Payroll Department or through Financial Aid.)
- Clinical Trials
- Dry Ice
- Entertainment/Performers (KRS45A.050.2C)
- Freight/Shipping/Handling (If not on original PO or relating to closed PO)
- Guest Speakers (KRS45A.050.2C)
- Honorariums (May require that the individual be paid through the Payroll Department or through Financial Aid.)
- License Permit Fees
- Medical Exam Fees
- Medical Service Payments
- Parking Fees
- Payment to Game Officials (May require that the individual be paid through the Payroll Department or through Financial Aid.)
- Proctoring/Note Taking (May require that the individual be paid through the Payroll Department or through Financial Aid.)
- Property Lease/Rental Payments
- Registrations (Requires use of procard, payment request - if supplier does not accept credit cards, or a UofL Travel; employee reimbursement is not allowed.)
- Reimbursements to Non-Employees
- Shared Revenue
- Stipends (May require that the individual be paid through the Payroll Department or through Financial Aid.)
- Tuition Payments (to other schools)
- Utilities (water, electric, gas, telephone [excluding cellular and pagers],and cable)
This list in not all-inclusive. Some requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
List of all commodities that must be submitted through the procurement process.
Payment Request must be documented by an invoice, statements, and/or receipts.
Reimbursement of entertainment expenses must include documentation of who, what, when and where. This is an IRS requirement.
A W-9 form and Vendor Survey are required for all new suppliers, except reimbursements for employees and active students, and refunds to individuals. Please see the New Vendor Requirements Policy for further instructions.