Welcome to the College of Arts & Sciences!
We are so excited to have you here in the College of Arts & Sciences. It's easy to make an advising appointment - just call (502) 852-5502 and we can get you set up with an advisor! We will review your transfer credits, discuss your plans for a UofL degree, and make sure you start on the right path. We are always here to help you along the way, and hope that this collection of resources will help you in your transition to UofL.
As a transfer student, we are happy to have you as part of the Cardinal Family. Academic Advising looks different from campus to campus and we hope to be a valuable resource for you as you continue your educational journey here at UofL. The partnership with your academic advisor is extremely important to your success at UofL, as they are your guide in identifying and achieving your academic, personal, and professional goals. In addition, we want you to feel confident in the support and advocacy your academic advisor provides, while also ensuring that we are meeting your advising needs.
Helpful Links for Transfer Students
- Thinking about transferring to UofL and wondering if your credits will transfer? You can request to have your credits pre-evaluated here.
- Did you already have your credits evaluated? You can view your Student Transfer Evaluation (STE) Report in ULink under the Student Services tab > Admissions > Transfers > Transfer Evaluation - View/Print.
- Petition Transfer Course Credits - Students may appeal a course equivalency decision using this form (you must submit a course syllabus to petition an equivalency decision).
Before & After Orientation:
- - This checklist includes important items like orientation, what to do before you can enroll in classes, Alcohol/Haven requirements, getting your Student ID, and more!
- Exploring UofL Majors - This website lists all UofL majors, possible careers, and other information that can help you choose a major that fits you!
- Career Development Center - This free resource is located in the lower level of the Houchens Building - resume help, mock interviews, career decision-making, and more is offered for UofL students.
- REACH - This is UofL's Tutoring center, including a math center and group tutoring for tons of 100-, 200-, and 300-level courses. They also offer Student Success Seminars on topics like Acing the Test, Studying Smarter, etc.
- Writing Center - UofL's Writing Center is the place to go for help with your research papers or essays. It's super easy to make an appointment.
- Cardinal Card (Student ID) - You can get your card 24 hours after registering for courses, and use it for the library, meal plan, free TARC rides, and much more!
- Parking - You can purchase a Parking Pass and get info about the Cardinal Shuttle system to get around campus, plus TARC connections. FYI: If you get a parking ticket, pay it as soon as possible to avoid extra charges and a hold on your account!
- Campus Map (opens PDF) - This is the best campus map we've found so far! You can clearly see building names and parking areas. Print off a copy and keep it in your backpack.
- Events - This is the main events calendar for UofL - check out all of the awesome activities on campus! You can also find A&S advising events HERE.
- Housing - Visit this site for details and contact information for Campus Housing.
- Veteran's Services Office - This office is located in the lower level of the Houchens Building.
- LGBT Center - UofL is known for its diversity and support networks on campus, and this office helps promote a safe, inclusive campus environment! Get connected!
- Cultural Center - This center offers fantastic workshops and events, opening a safe space for dialogues about diversity.