Welcome to the College of Arts & Sciences Center for Advising and Student Services, also referred to as A&S Advising. Our team of professional advisors, peer advisors, and support staff look forward to assisting you throughout your academic career.
Advising in the College of Arts & Sciences is a partnership tailored to the individual student. We view each interaction with a student as an opportunity to impact change.
A professional advisor:
- Provides individual, holistic academic advising services for undergraduate students interested in our programs.
- Collaborates with students to identify and achieve their academic, personal, and professional goals.
- Helps students connect how their skills, talents, values, and experiences will aid them in their academic success.
- Assists students in defining academic goals that support their long-term objectives, while exploring majors in which they might best be suited to those goals.
- Answers questions about the university and refer students to appropriate resources.
- Supports students in areas of registration, degree requirements, course overloads, visiting student letters, advising holds, and other process needs.
- Assists students in navigating university and college processes concerning petitions and appeals (e.g., Appeal of Academic Suspension, Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form).