Mission and Vision
A&S Advising definition, mission, and vision.
A&S Advising Definition:
Academic advising of the College of Arts & Sciences is a partnership tailored to the individual student by
- Teaching students how to utilize resources in order to achieve academic, personal, and professional success,
- Empowering and encouraging students to think critically when making decisions, and
- Ensuring the student always comes first.
A&S Advising Mission:
The College of Arts & Sciences Advising and Student Services, in accordance with the University of Louisville’s mission statement, promotes student success by
- Empowering students to take ownership of their education,
- Advocating for an improved undergraduate experience, and
- Partnering with students to identify and achieve their academic, personal, and professional goals.
A&S Advising Vision:
Every interaction with a student will be an opportunity to impact change.