Who Requires Advising?
Advising is required for all students…
- with fewer than 30 hours earned;
- with 45 or more hours earned and no approved major;
- who are on conditional status;
- who are below a 2.0 GPA;
- who are in their first semester at UofL (excluding post-baccalaureate and visiting students from other colleges and universities); and
- who are returning to UofL after a period of sitting out
The following Academic Departments require departmental advising for students who are approved majors:
- Theatre Arts
- Women’s & Gender Studies (spring semester only)
To determine if you have an advising hold please login to your ULink Student Center account, navigate to the student services tab, and click on the "holds" link. This is also where you can find your assigned academic advisor.
You can find upcoming dates for registration on the Registrar's website.