Graduation is here and UofL students are already deep in the job hunt. UofL News spoke with Trey Lewis, director of UofL’s Career Development Center, about ways graduates can better position themselves to land their first job.
Read the Entire Article
UofL's Career Development Center has been awarded Silver Status for 2015-16 from the national "Out for Work" organization, which assess programming and resources that equip LGBT students for future careers. Under the guidance of director Trey Lewis, the UofL Career Development Center has made LGBT students a focus of its programming and collaborated with the LGBT Center and community organizations to develop new services. Candace Lamb, assistant director of the center, hosts regular workshops and coaching sessions to address the needs of LGBT students.
Cards CareerLink has hundreds of full-time jobs, part-time jobs, internships, Federal Work Study, Service Learning, Community Service, Graduate Assistantships, Fellowships, Teaching Assistantships for all majors - both entry level and experienced. Current students can sign in using their UofL user ID and Password, the same password and user ID you use to log into ULINK or your UofL email account. If you have difficulties logging in, please contact the Career Development Center at 852-6701 or at email@example.com
Help your students prepare for career success by scheduling a career presentation from the CDC.Request a workshop or presentation by clicking the icon below.
SAMPLE PRESENTATION TOPICS
- Choosing a Major/Career: Students learn about career decision-making and the steps to choosing a major, including self-exploration activities and resources to learn about UofL's majors.
- Interviewing: Students learn what to expect in an interview, how to research employers, etiquette, dressing for success and more.
- Job Search Strategies: Overview of key steps in the job search process, including essential job search tools and strategies and how to make the process more manageable.
- Resume Writing/Cover Letters: We discuss the purpose of a resume, different resume styles, and formatting strategies.
- Personal Branding: Students gain insight into how to effectively brand themselves on social media and how to use LinkedIn to raise their professional profile.
Requests should be submitted two weeks prior to the anticipated presentation date. We will try to process your request as quickly as possible and will contact you should we need any further information. While we try to accommodate each request, in rare circumstances we may not be able to assist due to other engagements or conflicts. If you have any questions regarding presentations or your presentation request, please contact Candace Lamb at 852-6701 or firstname.lastname@example.org