Transfer Checklist

Are you ready to join the Cardinal Family? Here's a checklist to help you with your next steps!

Classes for the fall 2017 semester begin August 21. Orientation and advising must be completed prior to class registration. 2018 Cardinals, check back September 1, 2017 for your checklist!  

If you haven't already done so, you must activate your student account before you register for orientation. This will grant you access to ULink, Blackboard, and UofL Email (CardMail).

  • Your ULink account gives you access to your grades, your financial aid package and your tuition bill.
  • Blackboard is a web-based technology support for your classes.
  • CardMail is your only source for official email communications from the University, including all details about your orientation session. Please note: Your orientation information will ONLY be sent to your UofL email account.

If you haven't completed your FAFSA, do so as soon as possible. UofL's school code is 001999.

Once you've submitted your FAFSA:

  • Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool if you are eligible to do so.
  • Review your Financial Aid To-Do List via your ULink account when notified by the Student Financial Aid Office and on a regular basis.

You can user our Net Price Calculator to receive an estimated net price of attendance.

Orientation is required for all degree-seeking students in order to register for classes. UofL offers online and on-campus orientation. Students that have less than 30 credit hours are required to attend an on-campus orientation.

Visiting, returning, post-baccalaureate and other non-degree students are not required to attend orientation but are strongly encouraged to meet with an advisor.

Contact your academic advising center to schedule an appointment. Please register for your orientation session first for accurate advising procedures.

Your appointment could be scheduled up to 5 to 7 days from the date of your call. An electronic copy of your Student Transfer Evaluation (STE) will be available on your ULink account prior to your advising appointment. During your advising appointment, you will review your STE, address any course transfer issues and select courses for the upcoming semester.

If you schedule your advising appointment on the day of your orientation session, you must schedule your appointment for 2:30 pm or later in order to complete your orientation.

Every student is required to have a Student ID, also known as your Cardinal Card. This card confirms that you are a University of Louisville student and indicates you are entitled to the rights, privileges and responsibilities of a student. The Cardinal Card functions as your ID card, meal card, and library card, among many other uses. If you attend an on-campus orientation, you will receive your Cardinal Card at your orientation session. Submit your student ID photo in advance.

Upon completion of your orientation session and advising appointment, you will be able to register for classes during the registration period.

If you are planning to live on campus, please apply for housing as soon as possible.

  • You can find your account balance on ULink.

If you are currently enrolled at another institution, once your final grades have been posted you will need to submit a final transcript. If you are attending a Kentucky public institution, please have them certify your General Education courses on your final transcript.

If you plan to have a car on campus you'll need to order a parking pass.

All incoming undergraduate students are required to complete BOTH AlcoholEdu (up to age 21) AND Haven (all ages). These are two separate courses, each with two parts. There is no fee for either course.

AlcoholEdu and Haven are designed to help you make well-informed decisions about alcohol and to better cope with the behavior of others. These courses have been helpful to many college students seeking ways to balance living away from home with their need to establish a healthy and safe lifestyle as young adults.

This is a requirement for all students. The BankMobile Card is your official refund disbursement card.


tel 502.852.7276

Financial Aid
tel 502.852.5511

Office of Transfer and Adult Services
tel 502.852.0166