Prior to Orientation:
1. Activate your student accounts:
- Know your student ID number. You can find this number on your certificate of admissions.
- Click here to set up your university email account and other online services. Please note: many university offices will only send information to your UofL email account. Your orientation information will ONLY be sent to this account.
Make note of your student ID number on your Certificate of Admission. You will need it for future UofL business.
2. Apply for financial aid at fafsa.gov as soon as possible to maximize your funding. Make sure to monitor ULink and your Cardmail account for important up-to-date information from the Student Financial Aid Office.
- Estimate of your UofL, state and federal aid
- Visit UofL Financial Aidor e-mail email@example.com.
- Payment due dates and information
3. Sign up and complete your New Student Orientation.
- Orientation is a two-step process including: Orientation registration and completion of either the online or on-campus orientation.
- Students that have less than 30 credit hours will be required to attend an on-campus orientation.
- Orientation is required for all degree seeking students in order to register for classes. Visiting, returning, post-baccalaureate, and other non-degree students are not required to be advised or attend orientation.
4. Contact your academic advising center to set up an appointment.
- Your appointment could be scheduled up to 5-7 days from the date of your call. An electronic copy of your Student Transfer Evaluation (STE) will be available on your ULink account prior to your advising appointment. At your advising appointment you will review your STE, address any course transfer issues, and select courses for the upcoming semester. For students attending an on-campus orientation session: STE’s will be available for students. Students should call their advising unit prior to their orientation session to make an advising appointment. If an advising appointment is scheduled the day of your orientation session it must be after 2 p.m.
5. After you complete both orientation and advising, you will be able to register for classes during the registration period. See the below links for helpful information:
6. Get your Cardinal Card Student ID. You must be registered for classes at least one day prior to getting your Cardinal Card.
NOTE: If you select an on-campus orientation this will be included in your day.
8. If you are currently enrolled at another institution, once your final grades have been posted you will need to submit a final transcript. If you are attending a Kentucky public institution, please have them certify your General Education courses on your final transcript.
9. All incoming undergraduate students are required to complete Haven – an online education module about healthy lifestyle choices. All incoming students UNDER THE AGE OF 21 are also required to complete AlcoholEdu.
NOTE: If you are beginning classes in Summer 2015 Haven and Alcohol EDU will not be available until July. Watch your CARDMail for important information.
10. Be sure to activate your Higher One card. This is a requirement for all students. All refunds are processed using Higher One.
11. Review the Healthcare Readiness Checklist.
Have you considered your banking needs at UofL?
You're starting on an exciting path to your future. Many opportunities await you - and many responsibilities, too - including managing your money. PNC Bankmakes it easy for you to keep it all under control with 5 ATMs on campus and a full-service branch adjacent to the College of Business. PNC's Virtual Wallet® Student helps you make smart decisions about your money with tools that put you in charge, so you - and your family - have one less thing to worry about as you begin your college journey. To learn more click here, or visit PNC's University Branch at 1900 S. 3rd Street.