Out-of-state students who meet the minimum criteria will automatically receive renewable awards following admission to UofL. No scholarship application is required. The University of Louisville guarantees Admission-Based Scholarships until May 1, 2021 for students entering UofL in the fall. We will accept scores for tests taken over the summer. We strongly encourage students with qualifying test scores to submit those to automatically receive Admission-based awards.
- Students wishing to apply for enhancements to these automatic awards must submit an application admission to the University of Louisville by December 15. Supporting materials such as transcripts may be submitted until January 15.
- Students who are eligible to apply for enhancements will find their next steps in their UofL Application Gateway soon after they apply to UofL (whether they applied to UofL with or without test scores). The deadline to apply for these enhancements and submit materials is January 15.
- For enhancements, we will look primarily at a student’s grades, high school curriculum and a student-involvement resume, which should include but is not limited to: honors and awards, service, extra-curricular activities, and work experience. View resume scoring rubric for more details.
The scholarship amounts listed will be available for students entering in Fall 2021.
|Name||Amount Information||Minimum Criteria|
(Cincinnati-, Dallas-*, DC Metro-, Illinois-, Indiana**-, Nashville-, New England-, New Jersey/Philadelphia- and SoCal-area students)
Admission to the University of Louisville; Residence or school attendance in an eligible zipcode or county. View criteria.
(Out-of-State students outside of regional areas)
Eligibility based on academic merit;
|National Merit Finalist||$20,000 National Scholars Award||
Must list UofL as first choice with National Merit Corporation
|National Merit Semifinalist||$15,000 National Scholars Award||
*Beginning for students entering UofL in Fall 2022, students in the Dallas area will no longer be eligible for a Regional Scholars Award, but students from the entire state of Texas will be eligible for an automatic National Scholars Award if they meet the criteria.
** Excludes Southern Indiana counties eligible for in-state tuition (Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Harrison, Perry, Scott and Washington)
If you have questions about scholarships or award amounts and criteria, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Scholarships" in the subject line.
In addition to monetary awards, these scholarships have significant programming components which can include travel, leadership, service, research and more. View resume scoring rubric.
- Students wishing to apply for these scholarships must submit an application admission to the University of Louisville by December 15. Supporting materials such as transcripts may be submitted until January 15.
- Students who are eligible to apply for Mentored Scholarships will find their next steps to in their UofL Application Gateway soon after they apply to UofL. The deadline to apply for these scholarships (and submit materials, including transcripts, letters of recommendations, essays, etc.) is January 15 unless otherwise noted.
|Name||Type||Amount Information||Minimum Criteria|
|Brown Fellows Program||Mentored||Full tuition, plus additional education allowance; 10 awarded||29 ACT or 1330 SAT and 3.5 GPA|
|Grawemeyer Scholarship||Mentored||Full in-state tuition, plus $8,000/year educational allowance; 10 awarded||29 ACT or 1330 SAT and 3.5 GPA|
If you have any questions about scholarships, please e-mail email@example.com and put “scholarship” in the subject line.