National Scholars Program
Award Information & Criteria for National Scholars Award
The University of Louisville guarantees Admission-Based Scholarships until May 1, 2021 for students entering UofL in the fall of 2021. We will accept scores for tests taken over the summer.
For the Fall 2021 admission cycle, the University of Louisville is committed to making scholarship opportunities available to students, whether they apply with or without ACT/SAT scores. We strongly encourage students with qualifying test scores to submit those to automatically receive their award. We will look primarily at a student’s grades, high school curriculum and a student-involvement resume.
- Students wishing to apply for enhancements to these automatic awards must submit an application admission to the University of Louisville by December 15. Supporting materials such as transcripts may be submitted until January 15.
- Students who are eligible to apply for enhancements will find their next steps in their UofL Application Gateway soon after they apply to UofL (whether they applied to UofL with or without test scores). The deadline to apply for these enhancements and submit materials is January 15.
The scholarship amounts listed will be available for students entering in Fall 2021.
Out-of-state first-time freshman students cannot combine Regional Scholars Awards and a National Scholars Awards.
Awards ranging from $5,000 to $15,000 for students who meet the following requirements:
- U.S Citizen or permanent resident
- Entering first-time freshman for the fall semester
- Non-resident status*. Residents of Kentucky and the reciprocal Southern Indiana counties (Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Harrison, Perry, Scott and Washington) are not eligible. If your residency changes you will no longer be eligible for the National Scholars Program.
If you qualify for the National Scholars Program, you will be notified following your admission to the University of Louisville. No separate application is required. Please note:
- UofL only accepts the highest composite ACT or SAT.
- UofL accepts weighted GPAs if available from high school.
- If you increase your ACT/SAT score or GPA to move into a new scholarship award level, UofL will increase your award until the deadline.
- After the deadline, you may appeal for an increased award if your profile improves. Late admission applicants may also appeal for an award after the deadline.
- Students planning to participate in UofL Division 1 sports programs are encouraged to check with coaches for additional requirements.
- The National Scholars Award cannot be combined with either the Grawemeyer Scholarship, Brown Fellows Program or National Merit finalist scholarship.
- For additional eligibility and estimate of award, please check out the Net Price Calculator: louisville.studentaidcalculator.com.
To be considered for the National Scholars Program, you must submit a completed application for admission to UofL, the $25 application fee, ACT or SAT scores (optional) and an official high school transcript.
Beginning for students entering UofL in Fall 2022, students in the Dallas area will no longer be eligible for a Regional Scholars Award, but students from the entire state of Texas will be eligible for an automatic National Scholars Award if they meet the criteria.