Part-Time Enrollment Adjustment


Initial awarding by our office is made assuming you will attend UofL at full-time status. Full-time is at least 12 hours for undergraduates and at least 9 for graduate/professional students.

Awards are reevaluated for students attending less than full-time after the census date for each term. The census date coincides with the last date of drop/add as published on the University’s academic calendar on the Registrar’s Office website.

To request an aid adjustment for part time enrollment (1 to 11 hours for undergraduates), complete the Enrollment Adjustment Form for that semester. If you have only been awarded Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans and you are enrolled at least half-time, then this is not needed. This form must be completed each semester that you are enrolled part-time.

To access the Part-Time Aid Adjustment Request form:

  • Log in to your ULink account
  • On the 'Student Homepage', select the 'Financial Aid' tile
  • On the left-hand menu, select 'Part-time Aid Adjustment Req'

If you attend less than full-time during the spring term and do not complete the Part-Time Aid Adjustment Request form, your aid will not be evaluated for potential necessary adjustments nor disbursement until after the last day to drop and receive a 100% tuition credit for regular spring courses. You must be enrolled at least half-time to receive federal loans and funds from the vast majority of aid programs. Half-time enrollment is considered 6 hours for undergraduate students and 4.5 hours for graduate/professional students during the fall and spring terms.

Dropping Classes

If you drop a class before that session begins, your financial aid will be adjusted accordingly. Dropping below half-time may result in cancellation of your aid. It is strongly recommended that if you drop classes with the intention to add others, that you drop and add classes on the same day. If you have been awarded the Pell Grant, it cannot be increased if you add a class after the census date.


You will be responsible for repaying any funds you are not eligible to receive as a result of a change with Student Records (enrolled hours, college, or residency) or in your financial aid data.

If our office makes any changes to your financial aid an email notice will be sent to your UofL email account directing you to review your revised financial aid through ULink.

How may we assist you?

Email Service

A dedicated student and communication service account is monitored by a team equipped to provide assistance to students.

Email Financial Aid Service at:

Call Center

A dedicated call center is available to assist with all phone inquiries.

Call Student Financial Aid at: (502) 852-5511