Social Work Living Learning Community
In partnership with the Raymond A. Kent School of Social Work & Family Science, the Social Work LLC brings together students who want to pursue a career in social work and/or those who want to join a supportive community agents.The LLC focuses on academic engagement, mentor support, peer connections and student involvement. It will offer opportunities to develop a wide range of social, professional and community experiences.
Location: Belknap Village South
- Peer mentor to support and assist with transition to college life and those students considering a Social Work major
- Tutors in your residence hall to assist you with homework and studying for tests
- Opportunities to learn from social work faculty, professionals, and student services staff outside of the classroom setting
- Networking with alumni
- Leadership opportunities with the Raymond A. Kent School of Social Work & Family Science Student Association
- Opportunities to learn about the vast social work professional positions from faculty and staff
- Volunteer experiences with campus partners and community agencies
Who can apply?
- Any incoming first-year student majoring in Social Work who is interested in maximizing knowledge of the profession of social work, values base and commitment to social justice and with vulnerable, oppressed and marginalized communities
Fall: SW 101: Social Work Orientation Course (1 credit hour); SW 201: Introduction to Social Work (3 credit hours) (SBD1)